breaking news

i quickly hopped off of serena and she disappeared into thin air. i looked at the door and saw my father looking like he's seen a ghost.

"what did i just see?" he asked lowly and i swallowed harshly.

"uh," i was lost of words.

"who was that and where'd she go?"

"uh."

that was all i could mutter.

she was supposed to be the ears!

"was that a witch?"

they were also against witches.

i was caught and dead.

"i need an explanation right now, bethany cartez or i swear to god." my father threatened and i grimaced.

"that was my mate."

"how long have you found her."

"almost 5 months." i winced when he shot me a glare.

"and i didn't know?"

"we just started talking! she disappeared for four months!" i exclaimed.

"tone." he snarled.

dont tell him what i am, she whispered in my ear and i tensed at the sudden voice in my ear and nodded discreetly, just say that im a witch.

"she's a witch."

"how'd you meet her?"

"i was on a run and we made contact and from there, it was that." i explained. it was partially true. we didn't make contact but...

but.

my father folded his arms.

"my dear, you can't be with her."

"im sorry?"

"you know the policy against witches."

"that was a battle that happened ages ago. this is a different generation of witches and they're different." i have a degree in lying and acting.

i do not.

"i can't change the rules, bethan —"

lie again, girl.

"what if i tell her to conceal her identity and make her seem more wolf-like?" i suggested.

"she'll get caught. the alpha will know."

"now if the spell is cast correctly."

bruh lying is my specialty.

i sighed.

"you're going to reject her and you won't be together. i can't have you being executed over a mate. there are second chance mates."

"it only happens once every hundred years for a selected amount of wolves and i would have to wait like what, 22 more years for a mate? i would be dead by then. ruling days would be over, it would be pointless."

"do not let me tell you again."

"why can't you just be happy that i have found my mate? this is what you all wanted, right? for me to find my mate. now that i do, you have a problem. because she's a witch? she is not like what happened years ago. you weren't even alive when it happened so why are you defending some stupid rules instead of me, your daughter. your only child." i could feel my heart falling asleep i stared into my father's eyes.

"if you don't reject her, i'll have you rem..." he trailed off and my heart fell to the bottom of my stomach.

"dad," my voice cracked.

"im sorry, bethany. you have to reject her or you know the consequences that comes along."

i thought you were cool, dad.

i thought you'd be accepting towards this.

"one day. you're getting one day before you have to reject her." he said lowly and left the room, not closing the door.

i listened to his retreating footsteps and tears pooled in my eyes.

reject?

my heart shattered as i fell to my knees on the ground.  arms wrapped around me and the tears started flowing.

serena held me closely while i cried and she waved her hand in the air and the door closed with the lock. we sat down on the ground as she held me while i cry.

-

"what am i going to do?" i asked her and she looked at me.

"im not sure, love." serena said in an unsure tone.

"im not going to reject you." i grumbled.

"but you'll be kicked out of your p—"

"i don't care!" i exclaimed, "he doesn't just gets to say 'reject her or you know the consequences' and saunter away like he didn't just tell me to ruin my life!" i was furious, "and then you know what's funny. he just goes ahead and say it normally like he wasn't the one who wanted me to find my mate. dude!" i throw my hands up in frustration.

serena looked at me in thought.

"i could let him forget that he saw me." she suggested and i shook my head.

"it wouldn't make any sense because he'd still have to know and he would have the same reaction." i said.

"but it would give you time to prepare for it, again."

i shook my head and she pouted slightly.

"im leaving."