"cure"

*time skip*

serena jules

"she's been in the hospital for the past three days with no sign of improvement." the doctor informed and i ignored him as i stared at the pale body of bethany's. 

my wolf was laid back in my head, whining and whimpering. 

it was our fault.

if it wasn't for us, our greed, she wouldn't have been in this position. 

i sighed and my eyes fluttered shut as i massaged my forehead with my fingers. 

gosh, bethany. please wake up soon, baby.

"mom wants to speak to you," verena said to me and left before i could say anything to her.

i didn't want to leave bethany but i knew my mother would cause a scene if i didn't go to her. i turned towards the doctor and he gulped harshly.

"keep me updated. even the slightest movement of her finger i want. to. know." the doctor nodded and bowed a bit.

i teleported towards the throne room where my mother sat with a glass in her hand. i sighed as i looked at her.

"my dear serena," she tutted and i folded my arms at her.

i love my mother dearly but now was not the right time.

"i hear of the future queen of dunkelheit and i come to see her and i hear that you've injured her? i never raised you to be an abuser, dear. do we have to do something about that?" mother said me in a calm tone. the threat and warning was evident behind it and that could only mean one thing — verena filled her head with false information.

"what did you tell her?" i growled at my sister and she ignored me.

"she didn't tell me nothing. im just assuming." mother fanned me off, "now you tell me what happened."

"it was a full moon and you know about the change. long story short, she was attacked."

my mother hummed thoughtfully.

"your beast is supposed to recognize your mate, serena." she said and raised her eyebrow at me. i looked away and sighed.

"i knew but—"

"you knew?"

i knew i couldn't get away from her.

"when i get my hands on you, verena jules." i threatened in the mind link we shared and she blocked me out.

"but what?" my mother asked.

"i couldn't control the bloodlust," i muttered, "i lost control and i attacked her," i trailed off at the end as her scream rang through my ears.

i flinched and looked at my mother. she was looking at me in thought and she used her tongue to wipe across her teeth.

"you need to mark her, put your blood in the mark, try avoid putting your venom inside of the mark — she already has enough inside of her body. after you mark her, seal it with your saliva. you need to find her spot and mark her above there and that's normally above the collarbone. even if it's on the side where the bite mark is, you'll have to bite her on the mark." my mother said and i nodded fastly.

"thank you, mother."

"i want the—"

"take it." i don't care what she wanted.

i'd give up the world for bethany.

i teleported to the private room she was in and the doctor opened his mouth to speak.

"her heartbeat dropped a bit, your highness." the doctor informed and i blocked him out.

i remember the night when i found her sweet spot on her right side of her neck. i looked at her neck and realized that it wasn't the side of the bite mark.

i shifted the gown off of her collarbone and extended my fangs.

i sunk my teeth into her neck, her blood seeing through in my mouth. my fangs elongated even further as her blood flowed in my mouth and i was tempted to drink from her but i remembered the task at hand.

i pulled back from the bite mark and big my wrist and placed it over the mark. i let the blood drop in the mark and watched as her skin absorbed it. i sealed her mark and watched as she healed.

i watched her closely for the next few minutes. no process.

before i could blink, i watched as her body started to shake violently and stepped back and let the doctors do their job. i watched as they performed the operation on her, the head doctor moved her hands above bethany's body as white sparks danced on her fingertips. i recognized the spell to be one to slow down action.

if anything, she moved faster.

her back arched off of the bed and her eyes rolled back, plain white and that was it before the line went flat on the heart machine.

i stood frozen, not sure how to react.

"oh fuck!"