acceptance

serena called the meeting in the throne room and i saw liaz came up to where serena and i stood but she stood beside serena's throne. two more people joined and stood beside liaz. im figuring that they're the third and fourth. 

when everyone was settled in, serena raised her hand and immediately, silence fell in the room.

i could drop a pin and hear the sound of it.

serena greeted them and they responded with "good morning, your highness."

"i am here to announce the success in finding my mate." she said and cheers broke out in the throne room. it went on for a while before serena raised her hand to silence them, "she's from the jude's pack, the daughter to beta khalil and beta gracian." she knows my mother's name? "you'll treat her as you would treat me, with respect and loyalty."

serena glanced down at me.

"meet your queen, bethany cartez."

the crowd of thousands broke out into cheers and i smiled at serena as she looked down at me. i turned and smiled at the people of dunkelheit. they cheered even louder.

"all hail queen bethany!" one yelled.

"all hail queen bethany!" another joined in. 

"all hail the queen!" the people started cheering for me and i smiled. bethany leaned down and pressed a kiss to the side of my forehead.

"they accept you, my love," she muttered, "do you want to say something?"

i nodded. "it would be bad if i didn't. first impressions stick."

serena nodded and raised her hand once more, silencing everyone. i want to try that out one day.

"pleasant greetings, fellow people of dunkelheit. i, bethany cartez, have your best interests at heart and i will take pleasure into standing beside serena as her mate, other half and your queen. i declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service." (l.l queen elizabeth - last words were hers)

i did a little curtsy to them and they all stood straight. they bowed to me and the first seven sections of people howled, werewolves, then the other quarter of the room joined in, witches. 

'queen bethany' shot from their fingertips and it formed one. 

the third row, vampires, bowed their heads in submission. 

the fourth row, hybrids, came together and did a cheer of 'all hail the queen'. everyone joined in on the hail and my heart warmed. i have never felt so accepted before. it was a new feeling and i loved it. 

serena and i faced each other and she raised my shirt, showing my hip. i narrowed my eyes slightly at her. 

"don't be scared, my love." she muttered, "it'll only hurt just a bit." 

i was not notified about this and i was not on board.

serena extended a single claw and she pushed her claw into my stomach. my eye twitched as she looked me in the eye. they held nothing but care. the blood oozed from the hole and she turned her finger clockwise inside and i blinked the tears away. her finger wiggled inside the wound as i stared into her eyes, trying not to cry.

she removed her claw and licked the blood off of her. 

"dunkelheit." she roared. 

serena pecked my forehead.

"don't heal yourself." she uttered. 

what the fuck is wrong with this woman?

-

after the acceptance, i now had the title of' queen'.

turns out that the claw thing she did was her pack's way of marking. the wound was healed by my wolf and i could feel my old pack's mind link drifting away. the new pack's mind link was formed and i got a lot of greetings from numerous pack members. i could feel the warmth and love from them radiating through the bond and it made me feel happy. 

i was introduced to the third and the fourth of dunkelheit. 

the third's name is jamie bond. he's a warlock and one of the strongest and oldest known to his kind. he's also the pack's healer. 

the fourth is his mate, a vampire, raymond louis. raymond is the pack's planner and the best tracker. he is also the pack's hunter when it comes to huge feasts and plannings of big dinners. 

they were both cool and they brought warmth to me whenever i spoke them. i dont know if its something about the bond that they share or if its because of their special abilities.

"ah, im so happy that there's someone to tame serena now," raymond sighed in content as he sipped on the red wine in the glass.

i laughed and serena glared at him.

"im sure she just needs a little bending." i said and serena pinched my hip, glaring at me because i went along with what raymond was saying. i giggled, "plus im sure she's not that bad, guys. come on."

in sync, they all raised their eyebrows at me. 

i sipped on my wine in amusement.

"tell me about it," i urged them and jamie dunked his glass of wine and poured himself another glass before speaking up.

"she's like a human on her period with level five cramps- pissy, a pain in the ass and bipolar. let me tell you something, you see when serena is ready, she'll be happy and out of the blue, cold. like she's not here and like she's pissed at the entire world." i looked at serena, finding that hard to believe. she looks like such a softie! but then again, she is death so anything is possible. 

"and another thing is her attitude. it stinks!" liaz exclaimed, "mother fucker be acting like a fucking bitch in heat when she's ready, all snappy. and then she goes on a whole ass rampage. we dont see her for days, she disappears and comes as she feels like, like she doesn't have a whole ass kingdom running." i can confirm she is closest with liaz.

"don't get me started on her dominance. she always inserts it. we could be having a casual conversation, her words comes out dominant. we could be walking, her strodes are dominant, her aura radiates dominance." jamie said and i laughed.

"i am naturally dominant so it comes out." serena grumbled and i laughed even harder at her feeling embarrassed. i pecked her lips and she pouted.

"she's a big softie though," liaz said and i nodded in agreement.

"totally."