"bruised"

narrator

a few days have passed and bethany hasn't been getting any great news about monjay.

he was still unconscious, however caroline, was up. she was up and about spreading news about bethany being the cause. she isn't wrong but she's making it seem like bethany was a witch.

caroline didn't clear up on that when she heard people assuming that she was a witch.

bethany had wondered what kind of person caroline claims to be.

caroline also said that she attacked monjay for no reason and that she went on a raging rampage.

after what happened in the forest, bethany couldn't remove her mind from it.

she locked herself in her room, not coming out or opening to anybody. the alpha has requested her presence but she refused to see him. she's scared she'd be cast out of the pack, her home.

bethany remembered how her mate's body disappeared when she stabbed her, how nothing but her cloak remainded behind.

it was almost as if... she lost her.

bethany knew better than to assume that but she couldn't help it. she let her mind wander.

her mate is mysterious.

was she a witch? was she a demon?

no, it can't be. i heard her wolf, bethany thought. she works wonders that no ordinary wolf can do. she disappears and appears, teleports. i also don't miss the fact that darkness clouds her aura and how the look of death surrounds her.

bethany didn't know what to think.

im going to figure her out.

bethany puts her mind to it and promises herself that she would get to the bottom of this.

- four days ago -

bethany took up the knife that has her mate's blood all over it and ran towards her.

anything to stop my best friend from getting killed, even if it means hurting my own mate.

bethany plunged the knife into her spine and her grip on monjay's throat released. her mate's body froze and so did bethany.

what did i just do?!

before bethany could do or say anything, her body disappeared, turning into a cloud of darkness. her cloak fell and it was almost as if she was under there but with the mist that leaked from the cloak, she could tell she wasn't.

death appeared back at her estate, dropping to her knees as she placed her hand over the wound. she rolled on her back in pain and her wolf tried to heal her but couldn't.

why? how? she pondered but there was no excuse to think of.

death tried and tried to use her magic to heal her but failed.

what's happening? 

she was immortal, there's no way she could die now because of a mere stab.

death tried teleporting to her room but failed as her magic glitched.

"get the doctor!" she heard someone yell, "your highness!"

death's eyes fluttered shut and she fell on her back, darkness clouding her vision.

fuck.

-

her eyes fluttered opening and she could hear the beeping of a machine and her eyebrows furrowed.

she never needed a hospital before so why now?

she ripped the iv from her arm and stood up, only for her to feel pain in her lower abdomen. she raised her shirt and saw medical bandages on her stomach. she groaned.

it wasnt healed.

"if mate hurts us, she has to heal it." her wolf said and death was left confused.

"why?"

"mate is the one for us. she's our light. our magic cannot do anything."

that didn't make any sense.

when she got shot, she healed within the second. when she got stabbed, she healed within the millisecond. when she got shot in the head, it took her a minute to heal. why is that a stab, from her mate, wasn't healing?

"did she curse me?"

"mate is just as normal as any wolf out there. there's no way it's possible and you know that." her wolf reminded her that she knows everything about bethany so that was a stupid question.

death sighed and teleported to her room. after the teleportation, she felt weak.

this has never happened before.

she laid down in her bed and sighed.

"selene, what have you done to me?"

-

three days have passed and she was healing painfully slow. her kingdom was very confused and concerned for their queen.

she has never been in this state.

darkness.

how can someone put a stop to darkness?

light.

no one knew she founded her mate but it was coming piece by piece. they knew of the saying that once she finds her mate, it'll be brighter and lighter, scars will be healed by her and there will be sunshine.

"serena!" her room doors were pushed open widely by her sister, verena.

death scowled.

"guess what?" serena didn't respond, "i, am going to fetch that mate of yours so she can heal you."

both serena and her wolf piped up at that.

"excuse me?"

"yes. the darkness is getting worse and the people are starting to worry about you. they need their queen and sadly, i need my sister, too."

"don't bring her here." serena said, "i'll heal."

"i don't see why i shouldn't. you can hardly move so you can't go to her and she's up and moving so i don't see why i shouldn't bring her here." her sister argued.

serena growled at verena.

verena grinned.

"i'll see you tomorrow, sister," verena bowed teasingly, "with your mate."

before serena could snap at her, verena slammed the doors and ran down the corridor, laughing, knowing that serena would do everything in her power to not make this happen but verena already had a plan.

-