persuasion

narrator

death pushed the doors open to caroline's house and she screamed upon the impact of the doors slamming against the wall.

her eyes fell on the dark figure that entered her house.

it was fuming.

caroline recognized it to be the thing that had her strangling in the forest.

she knew it wasn't bethany but what could she have said? that darkness was strangling her? people would think she's going crazy and unfortunately, she has a reputation to protect.

death marched towards caroline, holding up her hand to and throwing caroline in the wall. she whimpered as she slid down the wall, her wolf's ears flattening.

"how dare you?" death roared at caroline, "you lie and put an innocent girl's life at risk, all because of what? your repuation?"

when death was angry, she wasnt herself. her monster surfaced. her figure would get clouded with darkness, not a single features on her visible. a shadow would follow her, a dark mist.

"i-i- please d-dont h-h-hurt me." caroline whimpered and death scowled and lifted caroline's body with dark magic and slammed her into the ground.

"i won't," she smirked, "you're going to hurt yourself."

caroline whimpered and back away pathetically as death neared her.

caroline's death was near.

she backed into the couch, her knees curling towards her chest.

"you, my dear, are going to go in front of the pack house and tell the truth, right now." death instructed, "im going to provide you with a gun and you're going to kill yourself."

caroline's eyes widened.

"the gun will be laced with wolfsbane and not normal bullets."

caroline shook her head.

"i-i can't." she started to cry, "my mom, i-i- can't le-leave her. im all s-she got."

"do. i. care?"

death's demon grabbed caroline by the collar and looked her in the eyes. caroline saw nothing but darkness.

"go."

it compelled caroline to go right now and do as she was told.

her mate shouldn't have to live in misery because of this low life wolf who lied to protect herself. even though caroline really stated what happened, death was still angry. caroline lied. death hates liar.

death dropped caroline and a gun appeared in her hand.

caroline could smell the wolfsbane through the gun's skin as she left her house. death's shadow trailed behind her as she headed in the direction of the pack house, looking straight ahead, not looking at anybody.

caroline called for the alpha and the beta and soon they both arrived in front of the pack house.

"what's the matter, caroline?" alpha barns asked as he eyed the gun in her hand, "why do i smell wolfsbane?"

bethany watched the situation from her window as she used her werewolf's hearing to listen to the conversation.

"im here to confess."

death stood behind caroline as she whispered in her ear.

"say it."

"in the forest, bethany didn't do it."

bethany gasped from her window.

"i lied. i-"

"there was something else that was there, someone." caroline repeated after death as she whispered the words in her ear.

she was like a demon on her shoulder.

"it choked me, stopped my breath. i couldn't breathe. bethany tried helping but it didn't stop. i almost blacked out."

death didn't care of the situation that she was putting caroline into, as long as bethany was safe.

alpha barns and beta cartez watched carefully.

"did it attack bethany?" beta cartez asked.

caroline nodded her head yes.

bethany stared horrified.

caroline was lying, again, but bethany didn't know that it was death behind this.

"yes but she wasn't badly scarred like monjay and i. bethany defended herself."

both the alpha and beta frowned.

"caroline, why would you lie about something like that? you had my daughter being accused of being a witch when you knew that wasn't the full truth — far from it." beta cartez snarled and caroline looked down at the gun.

"i apologize for any damage that i have done."

with that being said, caroline raised the gun to her head and death moved to the side where she raised the gun and placed her finger over caroline's and smirked.

"do it, caroline. you deserve it."

caroline pulled the trigger and everything started moving in slow motion.

the alpha and beta tried to reach to her but they failed as the bullet had already pierced through her skull. bethany gasped at the sight of caroline's blood leaking through her head as her body fell to the ground.

those who saw the terrible act of suicide stared in horror at caroline's body as the wolfsbane killed her instantly.

no one knew how to react.

except death.

she smirked at caroline's body laying on the ground and stepped over her body and disappeared from the scene. she appeared in bethany's room, sitting on her bed.

death – serena – watched as her mate peered down at the scene.

"you don't have to worry about being called a witch again. it's sorted."