connected

"don't give me that look like im a bad person, love." serena said and got up from her seat and walked towards me.

my heart was beating ferociously as she approached me.

"calm down," serena said, "im not going to hurt you, baby."

"it doesn't make any sense." i shook my head. i knew she wasn't going to hurt me. i just know it, "you're supposed to be... dead."

"was it recorded anywhere that i was dead?"

i shook my head.

"exactly, my love."

"you're... immortal."

serena stood in front of me and i looked at her figure. she did a little motion with her hands.

"in a sense, yes. only you can kill me."

"what do you mean?"

"if i was supposed to get my heart removed by someone who is not you, i would not die. if you did it, then you would've killed me. it's how i was built. when you stabbed me, i didn't heal, couldn't heal, until you healed me yourself."

"so if i hurt you, i will heal you?"

serena nodded.

"and before you think of it, it takes a lot to kill me."

"why would i want to?"

serena shrugged.

"just for future use. don't think a mere stab can kill me."

i nodded slowly.

"why didn't you say anything before?"

"time and place." she muttered and i saw her eyes flickered down to my lips for a mere second.

"you've been here for the past decades?"

serena nodded.

"you're the queen of this place, im guessing?"

another nodded.

"did you know i was your mate before i met you?"

"i knew as soon as you were in your mother's womb."

"how?"

"selene."

i nodded in understanding.

"uh, i heard something about the place getting light once you've met your soulmate?" i said in questioning. i wasn't too sure and i didn't want to sound like an idiot.

serena nodded in confirmation, "we'll have to complete the entire mating process."

"which is?"

"marking, sex and bonding."

"what's bonding?"

"drinking each other's blood."

"oh."

yuck.

"im joking," serena laughed, "our marks will have to be bonded by blood. so that'd be like, my blood will have to enter your mark after ive marked you and the other way around."

"how will—"

"i bite my wrist or somewhere, and place it over the mark and let the blood flow into it."

i nodded in understanding.

that doesn't sound too bad.

"whenever you're ready to do so though, my love. no pressure, no rush." serena assured me and placed her hand on my cheek.

i nodded once more and leaned into her palm.

"so like are you a millionaire or something?"

serena let out a melodious laugh.

"why'd you ask?"

"you're over 200 years old, serena."

"im actually 2,321 years old." she chirped and my eyes widened, "so, yes, billionaire."

my jaw fell loose.

oh my days.

"so does that mean you'll be my sugar mommy too?"

"whatever you want."

i grinned.

"i want a macbook, the latest version, a rolls royce, an audi r8, the latest iphone, gucci bags, branded stuff—" i giggled, "im joking. all i need is you."

"im already ordering them."

"no, no, no. i don't want it. im just joking, baby." my eyes widened and she smiled.

"i'll give you what you want whenever. just ask for it."

i nodded slowly.

oh my days.

"i have one question though." i said.

"what?"

"are you going to ask me to be your girlfriend or are we just official?"

"we're supernatural beings. we're official once we've accepted each other." she muttered and i nodded.

"good because i can't bother to be dressed up for one day just so that you can take me out and ask me to be your girlfriend." i scrunched my nose up and serena smiled and shook her head. her thumb circled my cheek and she pecked my lips.

"now that you know, let's go outside. i want you to meet some people."

-

the amount of times i almost wrote 'i love you' is wild😭 other characters will start coming in the next chapter <33
- w love