monjay

"i cannot stay here with you. i'll have to go back to my pack." i informed serena and she nodded.

"i know that," she said, "sadly."

i give her a grim smile and she waved her hand around us and then suddenly, we were in the pack's hospital. i gasped.

magic is so cool!

i led serena to monjay's hospital room and i gasped at his horrible state. i haven't been in here to look for him so i didn't know his current state. black veins were all over his throat and his arms. they were slowly fading but they were still there.

serena walked towards monjay and i closed the doors to monjay's room.

she held his hand and muttered something in a different language and black magic flow from her fingertips and onto monjay's body.

the magic spread up his arms and throat and it stayed around the parts that contained the veins and serena waved her hand over his body as she worked her magic. the magic disappeared into his body and so did the veins.

my jaws fell agape as monjay started to look healthy again like he usually did, and not pale and on his death bed.

"i-thank you," i said gratefully to serena and she smiled at me.

she walked towards me and stood in front of me, towering over me. i looked up at her and serena wet her lips and my eyes flickered down to them and then back to her green eyes.

serena placed her hand on my cheek and i could see an emotion that I was familiar with swirling in her eyes, but it was impossible.

it was too soon.

"i'd like to take you out tomorrow." she mumbled and i nodded.

"okay." i was captivated by her eyes. they made me loss of words. they were just so pretty.

serena smiled at my response and i found myself smiling back, too, not being able to help it.

we heard a groan and serena's hand fell from my cheek and i looked around her and saw monjay waking up. he placed his hand on his head and i smiled at my best friend.

serena stepped aside and i walked towards monjay and helped him sit up.

"water, please."

i took up the cup that was on the bedside table and walked towards the bottle of water that stood in the corner of the room and poured some in the cup and brought it back to monjay.

he gulped it down eagerly and handed me the empty cup after he finished. i placed it down and monjay looked at me.

"are you okay?"

"i should be asking you that! you almost died!" i exclaimed and monjay laughed but ended up coughing.

i pat his back and he gives me a grateful thumbs up.

"you should probably alert the nurse of your wake and i should probably go." i said softly.

"why? can't you stay?" monjay pouted and i shook my head sadly.

"word has it that i did it to you and that im a witch." monjay gasped and placed his hands over his mouth.

"oh, no."

monjay suddenly looked behind me and he started growling threateningly.

oh, right. i forgot she was here.

"no, no. it's okay," i assured him, "she's my mate."

monjay calmed down but gives me a confused look.

serena looked at monjay and monjay looked at her.

"oh, okay," he said, suddenly having a change of voice, "nice to meet you."

serena nodded, not saying anything and i bid goodbye to monjay and headed back towards serena.

"let's go."

we left this room and we walked down the corridor, not before we appeared back in my room.

i gasped.

"that was so cool!"

serena smiled at my reaction.

"I can't believe we just teleported! i mean we did it back at the hospital but it just gets cooler and cooler and cooler!" i rambled and serena laughed.

"it's magic."

"no, shit, sherlock."

she smiled and shook her head.

"what's this thing that's being said about you being a witch?"

"oh, ever since you did you know what to caroline and monjay, she spread it and said that i did it and that im a witch. people has been spreading the rumor for days now and that's why i'm unable to being seen outside. they'd stone me and call me names and degrade my title and do terrible things." i explained.

serena frowned.

before another word could be muttered, she disappeared.

oh.