gotta go

death was no normal human, she was a tribrid- a werewolf, a demon and a witch. she was an abomination and something that was not supposed to be born. when she was born, her parents were scared of her and so was society. they knew she'd be danger to the society and everyone surrounding her. after the tribrid matured, she started to explore her witch nature, followed by her demon nature, her werewolf being a late bloomer. 

it then went into talking about how her werewolf was a beast and there was no control over the beast. 

"that bit is true," serena said and motioned her hand over where it mentioned about her not having control over her wolf because of it being a late bloomer and she had mastered the ropes of her demon and witch beforehand. it also mentioned that she tried to tame the beast but failed, as it was fierce and rough and hard to deal with.

"have you ever tried to gain control after the first few years of getting your wolf?

serena nodded, "yes, i did. there's no gaining control over him. because my father was a demon, my wolf is mixed with demon blood. demons are violent, harsh and very blood-thirsty. my wolf adapted those qualities so instead of my demon being the most aggressive, my wolf took control of that. i have control over him but when i shift into my wolf, i have no control over my actions or what is done."

i nodded in understanding.

"there's a catch, right? a specific time when you change and you can't do nothing about it?" i asked and leaned forward, placing my face in my palms. 

"yes," she confirmed, "once every month on the full moon."

"typical werewolf." i rolled my eyes playfully, "when is the next full moon?"

serena thought on it for a moment and her face fell in realization.

"the next... 3 days." she shook her head, "i should've been preparing- i got distracted and i lost track of time." she looks so disappointed in herself. i placed my hand on hers and she looked at me.

"it's okay. you can go now if you'd like." i suggested, "prepare for it." i didn't fully understand but i could tell that she was dangerous to be around in that span of moment from her behavior.

serena nodded and stood up from the table where we sat.

"i apologize for leaving so suddenly, sweetheart. i'll make it up to you."

i shushed her and closed the book i was reading.

"im living with you now, right? we can always come back to finish reading." i assured her, "don't worry about it." 

"promise?"

i nodded with a smile.

"i promise, baby."

"i'll bring you back to our quarters and then you can do whatever you'd like. i'll leave you my phone so that you can call liaz if you need anything that isn't in the room." her room/floor had every possible thing someone would want so i doubt i'd call liaz for anything at all. 

i nodded nonetheless and serena lifted me bridal style and sped us to her room. within a minute we were in her room.

"what about the books?" i asked, "i didn't get to put them back."

"i'll have someone put them back, don't worry." she cupped my cheek and rubbed her thumb in circles on my cheek, "i'll be back as quick as i can, love."

serena placed her lips on my forehead, letting them linger for a while before she pulled back and i smiled. she tucked my hair behind my ears and told me where what was and i nodded and ushered her out.

"i get it and i remember." i giggled and serena nodded.

"if you need anything, call liaz. her number is in my phone. call her, tell her and she'll get it to you." i pushed her out of the room gently while she kept reminding me of things she said over a million times now. 

"yes, yes. now go. i want you to have as much preparation as you normally would without you having to worry about me." i said and rested my hands on her chest. serena looked down at me and pouted.

"what if-"

"shh."

i leaned up to kiss her and she melted in my arms. she placed her hands on my waist and move dher lips against mine in sync. i kept the kiss slow and passionate and serena pulled me in closer to her. i wrapped one of my arms around her shoulders and kissed her deeper. i pulled back before it got any further and serena rested her forehead against mine.

"i'll go now," she muttered, "i'll see you later, mama."

the nickname made my stomach flip. i nodded at what she said and serena waved bye to me and disappeared out the door.

time to turn this into a party.