waterfalls

"lady bethany, alpha requires your presence in the throne room," an omega informed and i nodded.

"thank you, liz."

liz nodded and left my presence.

i went down to the throne room where my alpha was waiting for me.

"my dear, bethany!" he smiled widely and i smiled back.

"yes, alpha?"

"i have something to ask you." he stated me and i immediately knew what he was talking about.

"i have no clue who the rogue was and i know the policy. if i had known that a rogue was coming to see me then i would've done something about it." i rushed out and alpha barns shook his head.

"it has nothing to do with the rogue situation, bethany. i know how you are and i know you wouldn't disappoint the pack." i sighed in relief, "it's about your mate."

i choked.

my mate?

"what about them?" i asked.

"have you found her?"

he knows my preference towards women and im very happy he's accepting towards my likings.

"not yet, alpha." i lied.

i couldn't let him know.

why are you lying? a voice whispered in my ear and i yelped and turned to look who was that but didn't see anyone.

alpha barns looked at me strangely.

"oh, it was just a mosquito," i fanned him off.

he nodded and spoke up.

"you need to. your parents time is coming to an end, they've almost finished their 40 years serving and it is time for the next one in line to become beta — which happens to be you."

i nodded slowly.

"within the next four months, you'll need to find your mate. i can't have my son ruling without a gamma." alpha barns finalized and i nodded.

"of course, alpha. i'll continue my search for my mate."

he dismissed me and i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding in and walked to my room.

"monjay?" i called into my best friend's mind.

"yes, bethany?" he groaned and i pouted.

"I'm going for a swim, are you coming?"

"definitely. meet you at the front in 5."

i grinned and closed off my mind from him and went to grab my favourite bathsuit. it's a lime green two piece that covers nearly nothing.

it barely covers my breast and the butt was like a thong.

that's why i like it.

it shows my goodies.

i went outside and met monjay at the front and he grinned. i placed my bikini in his bag that he is carrying and we headed off to the falls. it was a good half an hour walk from the pack house to get there.

after arriving at the waterfalls, monjay yelled out in joy and we changed into our respective swimsuits. he ran up to the top and dived off into the water, splashing and yelling.

i laughed and ran up to the top like he did and did a flip into the water. i came back up to the surface and we did a repeat of messing around and diving in the water.

-

it has been nearly 3 hours since we've been out here having fun. a few pack members came and stayed for a while but then left due to having duties.

one of the many perks of being the beta's daughter is completing training early. there wasn't much to do other than knowing how to fight, have proper etiquette and the basics, paperwork and knowing how to take control whenever the alpha wasn't around.

i felt a wave of water hit me and monjay laughed from where he floated.

i growled and used my strength to create waves in the water to send towards him.

he suddenly stopped and looked up at the sky.

we both looked up.

it looks like it was about to rain.

"we better get going." i said and monjay disagreed.

"no, let's stay and have some more fun," jay smirked and i laughed at the look on his face.

"fine, fine. if i get sick, it's on you." i pointed a finger at him and fixed my breasts in the top.

he hummed and i got out of the water and went towards his back and took out a tuna sandwich and bit into it.

my eyes roamed the trees that surrounded the beautiful water and i almost missed it but those green eyes.

my eyes snapped back in the place where i saw them.

i saw a faint smirk on her face as she disappeared behind the tree, the cloak disappearing. i quickly discarded the tuna sandwich and got up, rushing off in the direction where i saw her.

"hey, where are you going?" monjay asked as i walked away.

"i'll be back," i said dismissively and followed her scent that she uncovered.

i saw her standing in front of a log with her back turned to me. the hood of her cape was down and all i could see were her coal black hair that flowed over her shoulders.

i didn't say anything as i slowly walked around her, scared that she's going to flip the hood back up and hide.

i was shocked when she didn't.

"caroline?!"