catch up

when i say meeting people is not for me, i mean it is not.

how do i even start a conversation after saying "nice to meet you"? do i just stand there awkwardly while serena and the person converse or do i butt in?

at the same time, it doesn't concern me but itd seem a bit awkward if i just stand there.

what. do. i. do?

"oh, bethany," liaz said and i looked at her with smile. liaz is serena's best friend. she has bleached, fiery red hair and really pretty lashes. she was maybe shorter than serena by 2 inches and let me tell you, serena is tall. liaz is a werewolf and one of the leaders for the werewolf pack, "how did you meet serena? i never knew she had a mate until like five minutes ago."

"well i was on a run and i smelt her. of course, she hid from me until three days when i saw actually saw her."

"what do you mean?" liaz asked. (lee-azz)

"we met four-five months ago," i explained, "and i stabbed her one week ago. verena brought me here to heal serena and that's when i first saw her face."

liaz nodded in understanding, "of course she'd hide." she shook her head like a mother scolding a child, "she runs away from what's best for her. i don't know why."

i smiled softly.

"before you embarrass me and tell a story i do not want to hear, we're out of here." serena said and placed her hands on my waist, ushering me away from liaz.

liaz laughed as we walked away and serena and i head back inside.

weve already met the people with high rankings and her best friend so now it was time ti go back inside.

"ser?" i called out to her and she hummed, "don't you think that they'll come looking for me?"

"who?"

"alpha jude and my father."

"no."

"no?"

"no." she repeated once more.

"why do you think so?"

"when i uncovered my scent, i revealed who i was to your alpha and father and everyone else who was there. the entire pack was aware, too, and no one likes death so no, they won't come looking for you.'

"death." i muttered, "i still can't believe it."

she smiled grimly.

"plus even if they did come looking for you, they wouldn't know where to start or where exactly the kingdom is. it's not the easiest thing to spot. it's hidden with magic."

i nodded in understanding, "it can be seen, don't get that confused, but the true identity of this place is concealed."

"why?" i asked. 

"it will reveal what is truly here and everyone knows the story of this kingdom, this place, death's place. the darkness, the mixed species, the rogues, everything."

"i really need to read those history books about you." i mumbled to myself but she heard.

"i do not recommend it. most of the stuff in there is pretty dark and... false." serena grimaced and she pushed open the doors of her huge kingdom.

i shrugged nonetheless.

"take me to the library."

"yes, m'lady." she curtsied and i giggled.

she's so sweet.

-

we headed down a long hallway but got there pretty quickly. she brought me to the historic section and i grabbed a handful of books and brought them to one of the many chairs inside of the library and placed them on the table.

i took a random and opened it, going to the table of contents and looking for what i wanted.

origin of death.

let the reading begin.

-