thoughts

bethany cartez

for months — four months to be specific — her green eyes haunted me.

her voice.

her eyes.

her scent.

it all haunted me.

i was craving her, my mate.

i wonder why she didn't want to reveal herself.

was she in danger?

i could guarantee her safety with my pack.

i sighed as my thoughts over clouded me. they were all about her.

her.

"bethany!" caroline snapped her fingers in front of my face, "i was asking you about this color, if it's good for my skin tone."

i looked down at the color palette and then back at her.

no, it'll blend in too much.

"i would honestly not go with the yellow. it would be too... dull," i said and caroline nodded.

"how about this red?"

i nodded instantly.

i don't care, caroline.

"definitely. it matches and it radiates your aura."

she wasn't my friend so technically, im not being a "bad friend". caroline was just someone who speaks to me only if she sees me or if she needs something.

"thank you!" she exclaimed and hugged me, running off to god knows where.

i sighed and kept walking down the pavement.

"there's a rogue at the border." i heard in the mind link and my wolf piped up.

filthy rogues, she snarled. she hated rogues with everything in her.

"it's entering the pack borders!"

as the beta's daughter and one of the warriors, i had to go.

i ran in the direction of the danger and i saw guards trying to restrain a wolf.

it growled and snapped its teeth at the guards and i walked towards it. it's head snapped towards me and it suddenly calmed down.

i squinted my eyes at it and the guards poked their spears at it. it whined and then growled loudly.

"easy," i said to the guards.

they lowered the spears and the wolf growled warningly. it shifted and in front of me stood a man who has brown hair and he was really tall. his green eyes stared at me and he pushed his hands into his pocket, surprisingly clothed and handed me a note.

"it's from her. she says 'soon'." the guy said and then he shifted and just ran off back out of the pack borders.

i frowned in confusion and looked down at the neatly folded letter that was addressed to me.

her? who's her?

i opened the letter.

'the past few months have been terrible but im back now, my love. i'll see you soon.'

that was it.

what the absolute fuck?

all this hassle just for this?

i crushed paper and shook my head.

"it's no danger. just a stupid letter," i waved off the guards as they looked at me with curiosity. they nodded and went back to their assigned posts.

the letter reads itself over in my head over and over again.

my love.

there's only one person who called me that.

and it's —

her!

oh my! how come i didn't pick up on that!?

i got excited.

i was going to see her again! yes! finally!

but she went through all that just to get to me? well not her but still...

and she's a rogue?

a rogue? my wolf whimpered.

oh no.

she'll never be accepted by my parents.

they were strictly against rogues.

oh no.

shit, shit, shit.

-

a little note, i cannot write hard characters — the ones that take forever to break and they act cold towards their love interest.

i am just so not into that love trope😭

im a sucker for the 'only soft for you' kinda thing😭