healed

bethany cartez

i sighed when the strange woman closed the door.

i know i wasn't being kidnapped because i could smell my mate's scent all over the room and it drew me in. i took a deep breath of her scent, a feeling of bliss overtaking my body.

i looked at the door that the woman pointed at and walked towards it.

anything could be behind that door.

anyone could be behind that door.

my heart was telling me to stop thinking negative and that she was actually there while my gut was telling me to run.

they say always listen to your gut feeling but this time, i can't.

i haven't seen my mate's face.

the thought of being able to see her now was something that made me not run yet.

i turned the knob on the door and pushed it open.

there was no one.

her scent was strongest inside the bathroom and my wolf spun in circles in my head, urging me to search the bathroom.

"hello?"

yip yip yip!

i looked behind the door and then it was all like i snapped out of whatever trance i was in. i stood straight.

if she doesn't want me to see her then that's her business.

i turned and left the bathroom and walked towards the door that led to the exit of this enormous room.

it was closed.

i heard a giggle behind the door and i growled.

these people are so childish!

i huffed and turned around to look in the room. there were no pictures, no clue as to what she looked like. the most i knew about her was that she has green eyes.

speaking of those green eyes...

i saw them peering at me from the bathroom.

i heard her take a deep breath and she started walking towards me.

this time, she wasn't wearing her cape.

this time, there wasn't any darkness.

this time, i could see her face.

i stared at her face and took time to admire her features.

there's a scar coming from her left eye and down to her cheek. it stopped right at the corner of her lips.

ouch.

her green eyes stared at me as she walked slowly towards me like i was her prey.

her tongue darts out to wet her pink lips and i could only think of what they would feel like against mine. her jawbone was well defined and i couldn't stop my imagination from running wild.

i, want to sit on her f—

bethany, stop it.

my mate is wearing a black tank top accompanied by black sweats and black socks.

black.

is that her favourite color?

soon, she was standing in front of me, eye to eye.

i slapped her.

hard.

i didn't regret it.

her head snapped to the side and she pushed her tongue against her cheek before looking back at me. she brought her up to rub her jaw where i slapped her.