dinner

later that night, i had dinner. it was something that happened every night but tonight, i could tell it was going to get down.

serena had left the premises two hours ago and i already missed her. her presence is very comforting and very calm.

i got dressed in a red floral dress and flats. i put my hair up in a ponytail and head to the alpha's floor.

i entered the dining area and sat down in my usual seat. the room filled in quickly and the alpha was the last person to enter. we all stood in respect and alpha jude nodded and sat down and we followed along. the omegas filled in and placed our dishes on the table and then another set poured wine and water in two separate glasses and we started eating.

three minutes into dinner, alpha spoke up.

"bethany," he called out to me and i internally groaned.

"yes, sir?" i patted my lips with the napkin.

"what is it that im hearing about you finding your mate?"

my father looked at me from across the table and i crossed my ankles.

"it is true, yes." i confirmed and alpha jude looked at me.

"your father said she is a witch?" he asked in a questioning tone, filled with curiosity. i nodded once, confirming his suspicions, "and you know we have a policy against witches."

"yes, alpha."

"and you know you'll have to reject her?"

my nose flared and i didn't say anything.

alpha jude growled.

"you know that, right, pup?"

i looked down at my plate and shook my head.

"im not rejecting her." I said and alpha jude's son looked at me. all the attention was now on me.

"what do you mean you're not rejecting?" my father snapped.

"what i mean is no." i said slowly so that they could process it, "im not going to lose my chances at love just to please the both of you and whoever else. im dropping the beta position and im leaving."

my dad slammed his fist on the table and the contents on the table shook upon impact.

"did she compel you to do that?" he snarled and i looked up at him, looking him in the eyes.

"no. it was a self-made decision. im not your little girl anymore that you can control and she'll do as you please." i said calmly.

"where is your mate? im sure she's listening in right now. tell her to reveal herself."

when he said that, i felt her presence behind me.

my dad growled threateningly at her and she leaned on the chair and rested her face in palms.

"¿?" i could hear the smirk in her voice.

"you," my dad pointed the knife at her, "you're forcing my daughter and you're manipulating her!" he yelled and the alpha and his children, the gamma and his family sat and watched the scene unfold.

"uncover your scent, dear." alpha jude said and i looked at serena. she did as told.

her scent filled my nose and i almost fluttered my eyes shut.

narrator

alpha jude's eyes paled when death uncovered her scent and so did bethany's father.

they could recognize the stench of death anywhere.

bethany's father cleared his throat.

he knew he needed to bow.

he knew he needed to ask for forgiveness.

"you were saying?" she motioned for them to continue. bethany was sitting there in the chair, watching the scene unfold. they asked for her mate and now they've seen her. she couldn't smell what they were smelling. the mate scent was different and it was what is desired.

"bethany is her own woman. she makes choices of her own and will do as she pleases. im not compelling her. she's spell-free." serena said and she moved from bethany's chair and walked towards alpha jude.

he started to squirm.

he didn't want to show his weakness.

the omegas had already smelt death, there was no escaping. they were frozen, shocked.

serena trailed her finger over the crown of the alpha's chair and placed her hand on his shoulder. she leaned down, placing her lips near his ears. her grip tightened on his shoulder and he tensed.

another movement and she could dislocate his shoulder.

"you know who i am. don't let me make history happen again, david."

history.

alpha jude gulped and nodded.

serena gave his shoulder a pat and smiled at everyone.

"my love," she called out and bethany looked at her, "coming?"

bethany nodded and she got up and walked towards serena. serena held her hand and they left through the huge doors that opened for them as they got closer. the guards froze upon the scent that was mentioned throughout all of the history books.

they walked down the hall together and towards bethany's room.

everyone knew.

they were alerted and they were aware of who she was.