verena

verena (death's sister)

i pushed myself through the girl's window and closed it back after i entered. i walked towards her bed and looked around at her room.

i could hear the shower running so i knew she was in here.

my eyes fell on her pictures and the memories that she has captured all around her room and then to the trophies.

bethany cartez.

i smiled as i looked at the picture she has up with a boy. she was hugging him tightly as she grinned at the camera and they were standing in front of the pack house. they seem like they have a very close bond.

the shower turned off and bethany hummed as she came out of the bathroom, luckily, with a towel around her.

i would not want serena killing me.

not today.

"hello, bethany." i said and she screamed and threw a knife at me. where did that come from? i don't know.

i caught it by the tip before it stabbed me and dropped it.

"not very nice of you." i huffed.

bethany looked at me and her eyebrows furrowed and then her eyes widened but then her eyebrows furrowed again.

make up your mind.

"she looks like her." i heard her mumble and i smiled, knowing she was talking about serena.

"i'm actually here about her, actually."

"is she okay?" bethany asked in a worry and i shook my head.

"terrible," i said, "after you... stabbed her, doing god knows what, she wouldn't heal. she's still sick, laying in bed, magic draining and all. she needs to be close to you so that she can heal."

bethany frowned and i could hear her heart picking up its pace.

"she's not going to die, is she?"

"if anything, i hope she does."

bethany growled and me and her eyes changed from hers to her wolf's and then back to hers. i held my hands up in surrender and stepped back.

"calm down."

bethany rolled her eyes.

"so i'm guessing you're here to take me to her?"

i nodded to confirm her suspicions and bethany nodded too.

"i'll get dressed."

"well, duh. you wouldn't want to travel in your towel."

bethany side-eyed me as she walked into her closet and closed the doors behind her.

i see my sister got mated to a feisty one.

after a while, bethany came back out of the closet dressed in a tank top and boy shorts with slippers on and her hair in a ponytail.

"let's go." she said and i raised my eyebrows.

"you're not telling anyone that you're going out?"

"im not really... on anyone's good side right now. I'm being accused of being a witch and for actions that i did not do," bethany muttered and i nodded slowly.

i could only guess that serena is the cause.

i opened a portal and bethany gasped, her hands flying over her mouth.

"after you," i said and she walked towards the portal hesitantly.

"how can i trust you?"

"im her sister."

bethany eyed me.

"i mean i see it in the eyes," she said and motioned for me to go, "after you."

i sighed.

bethany, please don't be stubborn.

i crossed my arms and bethany did the same.

i pushed her into the portal and she screamed as she fell in and i walked in after her, closing the portal behind me.

bethany fell in the corridors of serena's room and she rubbed her ass as i looked down at her.

"get up."

bethany glared at me but got up nonetheless.

i pushed open serena's room doors and looked at her bed.

she wasn't there.

she was in the room though.

the stench of death lingered.

i clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth and soon figured where she was.

"she's in the bathroom." i pointed to the door where the bathroom was and left the room, closing the door.

okay, maybe im being a bit forceful here but hey! don't blame me. im happy my sister found her mate.