04

EVIES head dropped onto BRAYLEES shoulder, her eyes closing

"so you're basically in a long distance relationship." MADDY spoke, looking over to CASSIE.

"no, we like face time every night." CASSIE shook her head.

"aw, that's so sweet. you guys are full on in love." BB spoke.

"oh my god, stop!" CASSIE widened her eyes. "we are not in love. but he did invite me to spend the weekend with him."

"like, the whole weekend?" MADDY asked.

"yeah, like, friday and saturday night." CASSIE nodded.

"wait, is your mom gonna let you go?" MADDY asked.

"it doesn't matter, i'll just kill her in her sleep if she doesn't let me." CASSIE shrugged.

EVIE chuckled, raising her head up from BRAYLEES shoulder and looking over to KAT due to hearing her phone continuously vibrate.

"do any of you guys know how bitcoin works?" KAT raised her head, looking around the table.

"no." the entire table each answered.

"but you know who probably does?" MADDY spoke, pausing a second. "fezco and ashtray."

KAT hummed, looking over to EVIE. "aren't you friends with fezco?"

"i guess?" EVIE shrugged.

"will you come with me?" KAT asked.

EVIE opened her mouth to answer, but was quickly cut off by BRAYLEE. "yes."

________________________________

"it's a worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system."

EVIE stared at ASHTRAY with her eyebrows furrowed, completely lost.

"i literally have no clue what you're talking about." KAT told him.

"well, there's no easier way to explain it." ASHTRAY shrugged.

"look, why don't you just tell us what you're trynna do, and we can tell you how we can help." FEZCO spoke up.

"unless it's human trafficking, i don't fuck with human trafficking." ASHTRAY told her, making EVIE shake her head with a small laugh.

"i'm not.. human trafficking." KAT spoke, a little confused.

"yeah, us either." FEZCO nodded.