05

Loud laughter faded as evie parted from a few of her school friends that she had saw, smoothing down her crop top as she wondered off

she swung her arms as she walked, looking at all the small booths that were either for food or drinks.

she slowed her pace when she saw a pretzel stand that read PRETZEL MANIA. and she made her way towards it.

a small laugh left her mouth as she saw that ashtray was the one working the stand. she thought he looked adorable in the apron and hat.

"having fun?" she asked sarcastically as she reached the front of the pretzel stand.

ashtray looked down at her, rolling his eyes before looking back at her. "do you want a pretzel?"

evie nodded, and watched as ashtray walked to the back and got her a pretzel and cheese, before reaching out to hand it to her. "four dollars."

evie reached in her back pocket, pulling out a five dollar bill and handing it to him.

ashtray looked her over as she peeled off a piece of the pretzel and dipped it in the cheese.

ashtray always thought that evie seemed like a complicated person, he could never figure her out. of course, he had only met her a few times, though.

he thought she would be one of those people who had a specific favorite color like forest green, or have a playlist that switched from depressing to upbeat.

the way she could smile and seem like the nicest person in that town, and then other days seem like she didn't care about anything.

how she could dress in a baggy hoodie and sweatpants, and still look so pretty.

the way she kept her head high and would enter a room with what seemed like complete confidence, but would pick at the nail polish on her nails the moment she was sitting or standing alone.

the way she didn't judge him for selling drugs, like most people did.

as ashtrays eyes trailed down her, he realized he looked at her and thought about her more than he thought.

"your outfits cute." evie pointed, sarcastically smiling.

ashtray scoffed, "why are you here, instead of with your friends?"

"im with my best friend right now, what are you talking about?" evie smiled, taking a bite of the pretzel as ashtray shook his head.

"i don't know where they are." evie actually answered his question, before pointing to him. "have you went on any rides?"

"no, im working." he gestured to the apron.

"you always are." evie raised her eyebrows, "so you're not gonna do anything tonight?"