033

Evies arms swung with every step she took, the girl shaking her hands slightly as she mumbled things under her breath

Evies arms swung with every step she took, the girl shaking her hands slightly as she mumbled things under her breath. her eyes were stuck on her feet, watching her feet move as she walked. she occasionally looked up, making sure she didn't run into anyone.

she felt stupid for being nervous to talk to someone she used to talk to everyday. but she couldn't help it, it felt like it had been so long since she had even seen her, let alone talk to her.

she wondered what she would even say.

what was there to say?

was she going to apologize?

Evie let out a sigh, sitting at an empty table. she glanced around her, seeing Maddy and Kat eating at a table near her.

she ran her tongue over her teeth, her painted white nails tapping against the table as she waited impatiently.

she felt like time was moving incredibly slow. and she was becoming frustrated with herself, and also with the fact she was having to wait.

was she even going to show up?

was was Evie so nervous?

Evie rolled her eyes, stuffing her hands in her lap as she debated getting up. she tapped her shoes on the floor, her eyes searching through the people around her. she clicked her tongue, her body raising as she started to get up but paused when Braylee sat directly in front of her.

awkwardness and tension immediately filled the air, as Evie sat back down and stared ahead at Braylee who gave her a slight smile.

the silence was annoying Evie, making her lips fold into a straight line as she began to feel that the situation felt dramatic. "hi." she spoke, clearing her throat.

Braylee took a deep breath, deciding she wasn't going to make small talk and that she would get straight to the point. "Evie," she started, beginning to explain everything.

"you were my best friend. Ashtray was just a drug dealer, to me. one time i ended up getting really high, and we kissed." she spoke slowly, and Evies eyebrows furrowed together as she listened closely.

"i didn't tell you about it, because it didn't mean anything to me." Braylee nodded reassuringly, looking down at the table and moving her hands around as she spoke.

"when you started to like, get interested in him, i got— jealous."

Evie looked up from her hands, her eyes squinting.

jealous?

"i didn't have feelings for Ashtray, Evie, i promise. the kiss didn't mean anything to me and i didn't want anything from him other than weed."

"i—" Braylee let out a sigh, her hands beginning to shake as she was a little nervous to continue.

"i had feelings for you. that's why i got jealous. and i didn't know how to tell you, i didn't know if i wanted to, because i didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"it was stupid, but at the time, distancing and hoping my feelings would go away just seemed right."

"around new years, when we kissed again, i don't know what i was thinking. i know i shouldn't have, and i don't have an excuse for it because i did it, and i don't know why. i guess it was out of jealously, and because he was in the place i wanted to be."

"i was so worried that my feelings would get in the way of our friendship— i didn't want it to ruin our friendship, but i ended up ruining it anyway, so it really didn't matter."

Evies lips were slightly parted as she stared at Braylee, so many things going through her mind as she listened to her speak.

Braylee had feelings for her?

She should've just told her.

it seemed like so much to take in at once. Braylee and her had been so close for so long, and she didn't even know that Braylee liked girls. let alone, like her.

Braylees eyes searched Evies face, almost like she was trying to understand how she was feeling.. as she wasn't speaking.

she watched as Evie looked back down at her hands, fiddling with her fingers as silence filled the air. the only noise was from the conversations from people around them.

Braylee swallowed, "i don't expect you to forgive me, i just wanted you to know what happened."

"i shouldn't have let my overthinking and feelings get in the way, and i should've just told you, i know that." Braylee shook her head.

Evie looked back up at her, watching as she slowly stood up.

"i am sorry, Evie." Braylee bit on her lip.

Braylee only wanted Evie to know exactly what happened. she didn't want to avoid her anymore, or live with the fact Evie thought she just had feelings for Ashtray and had lied to her.

she didn't know wait for Evie to say anything, as a party of her was nervous to hear what it could be.

Evie watched the girl walk away, licking her lips as her leg bounced.

"what the fuck?" she whispered, her face scrunched as she was still processing everything she was just told.

SLUMPEDDP i always forget to update this book 😭 mb yall but my rio book is out noww!

SLUMPEDDP
i always forget to update this book 😭 mb yall
but my rio book is out noww!