chapter 031

Ashtray let out a huff, pulling on the cotton, long sleeve dress shirt that he wore, his face scrunched as he stared at himself in the body mirror in front of him

he felt embarrassed, and really stupid.

Ashtray wearing anything fancy was really rare. the last time he had, was for Evies winter formal. before that, it was for certain occasions years ago.

he always felt out of place, or just not like himself.

he blew out air, shaking his head as he began regretting ever agreeing with Evie. he always found himself doing that, agreeing with her. Ashtray liked seeing the girl happy, and if that meant dressing up, he would do it.

his eyes moved down his body to his pants, they were loose-fit jeans. he felt like the shirt was enough, if not too much, so he would wear his usual pants in hopes it would help him not feel so annoyed or uncomfortable.

he shrugged off every thought, as he phone pinged. he grabbed the nicely wrapped bouquet of flowers sitting carefully on the table next to him, glancing at himself once more in the mirror before stuffing his phone in his pocket and walking towards the front door.

"wow." he heard behind him, before a slight chuckle followed it.

he let out a groan, rolling his eyes and slowly turning around. he had hoped he would miss Fezco and Faye seeing him, that way he could avoid everything they were about to say.

"aw!" Faye dragged, her eyes landing on the flowers he was holding.

Ashtrays lips folded into a striaght line, blinking slowly.

"you look good, bro." Fezco laughed, pointing down to the flowers. "you really like her, huh?"

Ashtray rolled his eyes, ignoring anything else the two said as he opened and closed the front door. he placed the bouquet of flowers in the passenger seat, before beginning to drive towards Evies home.

Evie, leaned slightly over as she took a couple pictures in front of her mirror.

as she got a text from Ashtray, letting her know that he was on his way, she placed her phone on her table and rushed to clean up a little.