020

maddy carefully stood on her tippy toes, the chair she was standing on making her taller

maddy carefully stood on her tippy toes, the chair she was standing on making her taller. she pushed down on the wall with her fingertips, taping the hot pink tinsel to the wall.

she let out a sigh as she stepped down from the chair, taking a step back to see the wall she had just decorated.

the tinsel had white and light pink balloons above and around it, making it not so plain.

she smiled, feeling happy with how she had decorated the wall.

she walked into the kitchen, glancing at kat as she carefully placed white and pink flowers on the table, next to the plate of strawberry's and other snacks.

cassie walked in the room with the small, decorated sign that read evies name in bold letters.

the three glanced around at the decorated house, before each giving a nod of approval as they felt they had done pretty well.

maddy walked over to the laptop that sat on the counter, connecting it to the speakers before playing the playlist that she and evie always listened to together.

she smiled to herself, swinging her arms as she sung along to the lyrics.

the three saw the front door open, making each of their heads snap in that direction. they jogged to the front door, immediately bringing evie into hugs.

"happy birthday, bitch!" maddy smiled, spinning evie around.

evie laughed, thanking her before she hugged kat and cassie back.

"y'all decorated the whole house?" evie asked, glancing around her.

"of course." maddy spoke, rolling her eyes playfully.

evie smoothed down the white dress she wore, moving her hair to the side. maddy looked at her in awe, believing the girl looked beautiful.

maddy slightly smiled to herself, "well, now we wait for all these people." she spoke, sighing.

the girls expected most people to show up late, but it was only a few minutes later, and there was already knocks at the door.

evie had only invited a few people from school, as she didn't exactly want a huge party.

soon, her house was filled with people telling her happy birthday, eating the snacks that were laid around the kitchen or pouring themselves drinks.

evies eyebrows raised as she watched seth walk in her house, behind his friend group.

"yo, evie!" troy smiled, walking up to her as roy and seth followed.

"you look good." troy chuckled, looking her up and down.

evie squinted her eyes, hesitantly nodding. "thank you."

seth and roy laughed, shaking their heads. "nah but, happy birthday." the three individually told her.