027

Evie was sat on her couch, her legs crossed as she stared ahead at her television that played the show 'girl meets world

Evie was sat on her couch, her legs crossed as she stared ahead at her television that played the show 'girl meets world.'

her hands laid in her lap, she fiddled with the rose gold bracelet that was still on her wrist, as she watched Rylee smiled weirdly at Lucas. she bit on her the inside of her lip, before letting out a breath and looking down at the notebook that sat on the table in front of her.

she thought for a moment, before grabbing it and placing it on the lap, in the spot where her hands were laid previously.

she grabbed the pencil that was hooked to the top of the notebook, before beginning to write.

Evie felt like so much was on her mind, but her mind kept going back to a couple days before, at the park parking lot.

__

both Evie and Cortez's heads turned at the sound of a car pulling in the parking lot. Evie watched as Fezco pulled in the spot directly behind them, before turning to Cortez who was adjusting the gun that sat in his pants.

Evie began to feel more nervous, and her hands began to shake. Cortez shot a look to the two guys who sat in the front, confusing her as no words were said, but they nodded and glanced at her.

her head quickly turned again, as she heard two car doors close and she saw Fezco and Ashtray standing by the car.

the situation looked way more serious, which only made Evies anxiety rise.

Cortez ran his hand over his face, glancing at Evie, "stay right here." before getting out of the car.

Evies eyebrows furrowed, and she looked up at the men in the front who were watching her through the mirror.

Evie thought this looked like something from a movie scene, which made her feel like she should laugh or say something sarcastic. it was something she thought didn't actually happen. but it was happening to her, and it wasn't actually funny at all.

Ashtrays hands stayed in his hoodie pocket, holding onto the gun that laid in it. his eyebrows were furrowed, and his face was nothing but serious.

Fezco looked almost the same, just way more stressed out.

"what's good, ashtray?" Cortez smirked, making Ashtrays eyes squint.

"where's Evie?" he asked, making Cortez scoff. "in the car."

Ashtray didn't care for anything Cortez had to say, he only wanted to see Evie and make sure she was okay, and that Cortez hadnt done anything to her. he felt as if there was so much as a just a scratch on her, Cortez would be getting way worse.

"ight, so get her." Ashtray told him, gesturing to the car behind Cortez with his head.

Cortez nodded, "after we talk."

Ashtray rolled his eyes, moving his hands out of his hoodie pocket and walking closer to Cortez. his eyes traveled to the car, where he could see Evie watching the two very closely. "whatchu wanna talk about?"

Fezco looked between the two teenagers who started talking, watching as Ashtrays hands slowly traveled up and back in his hoodie pocket, and Cortez's hand never left from his waist.

Evie watched as well, getting frustrated with the fact she couldn't hear anything the two were saying, and she didn't know how this was going to end up.

she turned around, her eyes falling to her hands as she watched them shake.

the two guys in the front seat shared a look, before they turned around. Evie didn't know what that meant, and she was too afraid to look behind her.

though, it felt like everything stopped for a few seconds as everything got extremely quiet. Evie made eye contact with the guys, and she opened her mouth to speak, but was quickly cut off as the sound of gunshots went off.

Evie squeezed her eyes shut, her heartbeat increasing as she heard yelling. she felt the car door swing open, before her arm was roughly grabbed and she was dragged out of the car.

__

Evie moved her head back, looking at the notebook she had just wrote on. on both sides of the paper there was pros and cons of Ashtray and Evie being together.. or whatever they were.

and below that, was many differences the two had.

she read over everything a few times, before throwing the notebook back on the table with a huff. she felt stupid for writing all of that, and overthinking everything. she just felt so stuck.

she hadn't realized that all the things she had seen, or gone through while being with ashtray, had affected her so much.

there was like a list of everything in her mind, that constantly repeated anytime she would think about Ashtray.

- Braylee
- mouse
- drug dealer
- Cortez
- the trap house
- the boy from the trap house
- Custer
- New years
- Rue

Evie jumped as her phone went off, making her let out a frustrated sigh, before grabbing it. she glanced at all the messages Ashtray had let her, before throwing her head back.

SLUMPEDDP i'm sorry for the wait yall, i've been going through a lot

SLUMPEDDP
i'm sorry for the wait yall, i've been going through a lot. i just need some time ngl