023

Evie sat on the counter of the school bathrooms sink, her face close to the mirror as she re-lined her lips

Evie sat on the counter of the school bathrooms sink, her face close to the mirror as she re-lined her lips. she listened to Rue and Lexis conversation about some play, her eyes moving towards the door as Cassie walked in.

"hey, rue-rue." Cassie greeted, going to the sink next to the one Evie was sitting on. "hey, Evie."

"hey, cass." Evie and Rue spoke at once.

"wait, are you in the play?" Rue glanced at her outfit.

"what play?" Cassie looked up at her through the mirror.

"Lexis play."

"what do you mean, Lexis play?"

"uh, the play that Lexi wrote.."

Evie glanced at Lexi, putting the lip on her lip liner and slowly turning around.

"oklahoma."

"oklahoma?" Evie spoke, squinting her eyes.

"the plays called Oklahoma?" Rue turned.

"no, the drama clubs doing Oklahoma." Lexi told them, making Evie slowly turn away in confusion.

Cassie glanced at herself in the mirror, slowly turning to Evie. "oh my god, do i look like i'm in Oklahoma?"

"um—" Evie started, being cut off by Rue who followed Lexi with her eyes.

"why would your play be set in Oklahoma?"

"you thought i was auditioning for Oklahoma." Cassie looked at Rue, who shrugged while Lexi was signaling no to say anything else.

"i haven't read it, so.." Rue defended.

"are you making fun of me or did you actually think i was auditioning for Oklahoma?" Cassie continued.

Maddy smiled at Evie as her and Kat walked in the bathroom, Maddy movie her ponytail to the side as she leaned over to look at herself in the mirror.

"why the fuck would you audition for Oklahoma?"

"i'm not!"

"then why the fuck do you look like you're auditioning for Oklahoma?"

"do i?" Cassie glanced at Evie again, before looking at herself in the mirror.

"maybe." Evie shrugged.

"yes." Kat nodded.

"has everyone read Oklahoma, but me?" Rue asked, her arms out as she thought to herself.

Evie shook her head, poking out her lips. "i haven't."

"Oklahomas not like, a play you read." Kat told her.

Cassie furrowed her eyebrows, "Rue, are you on drugs?"

"yes." Rue slowly nodded.

there was individual gasps around the room, except from Lexi and Evie who thought it was quite obvious.