026

Evie shook her head at her phone screen, staring down at Ashtray as they face timed

Evie shook her head at her phone screen, staring down at Ashtray as they face timed. she told him that it was necessary for him to pick her up, as she was only going to the store it was less than a twenty minute walk.

she hung up and stuffed her phone in her sweatpants pocket, walking out of her front door and tugging on her hoodie sleeves as the air hit her.

as she walked down her driveway, her eyes trailed over towards a black car that was parked across the street. she shrugged it off, continuing to walk in the direction of the store.

although, her heart best began to speed up as the car started and drove slowly behind her.

she thought about the things she could do in that moment, and the only thing that came to mind was run.

she gripped onto her phone that was in her pocket, about to start running until the car moved to the side of her, rolling their window down. "hey, Evie."

Evie quickly turned her head, pausing as she looked at the person in the backseat of the car. "Cortez?"

the blonde smiled, waving. "where you goin, lil mama?"

Evie glanced in front of her, "uh, my friends house."

Cortez nodded, "right." he pushed open the door, "come on, gonna go for a little drive."

Evie furrowed her eyebrows, her eyes moving to the people who sat in the front of passenger seat. they were older men, both stared ahead as Cortez talked to her, but neither looked happy.

"no thanks.." Evie quickly said, before attempting to walk off.

"get in the car." his voice was more serious, and the smile he had on his face was no longer there.

Evie watched as he got out of the car, opening the door wider and gesturing for Evie to get in. she sighed to herself, mumbling a prayer before slowly getting in the car as she was sure she didn't actually have a choice.

Cortez slid in after her, shutting the car door loudly before the car quickly sped off. his smile returned, "how you doin, Evie?"

Evie gave him a bored look, "how do you know where i live?"

he ignored her question, chuckling. "you were nicer when we met."

Evie scoffed, "where are we going?"

Cortez raised his eyebrows, pulling his phone out of his pocket and sitting back. "you ask a lot of questions."

a huff left Evies mouth, crossing her arms as she sat back in the seat. she had even more questions to ask him, but she knew she was going to get an answer, so she didn't bother.

"how's that boyfriend of yours?" Cortez asked, glancing at her.

Evies leg began to bounce, as she became nervous. she wondered if that's what this is all about. she was there the day they had went to the trap house, and even though she still didn't know what had happened there, she knew it was something. it obviously wasn't good, and Cortez wasn't happy.

"uh, he's fine."

Cortez let out a hum, "that's good."

Evie glanced out the window as the car continued to move, wondered where they were going and what they planned on doing to her.

she blew out air, before turning to the blonde again. "why am i here?"

Cortez ran his tongue over his teeth, before simply shrugging. "he took somethin from me, im takin somethin from him."

Evies fave scrunched, what is he talking about? she wondered if the thing Ashtray had taken from him was the other guy she had saw at the trap house. did Ashtray kill him? is that what we took? are they gonna kill me, too?

so many things ran through Evies mind, and she turned her head to look out the window. she watched as they passed many houses and stores, before the car slowed and they parked at an empty park.

_______

Ashtrays foot tapped against the floor, his shoe making a clicking noise. he glanced down at his phone, staring at the many messages he had left Evie as thrifty minutes had passed, and she still hasn't showed up at the store.

he was annoyed that she would answer her phone, but began growing worried as more and more time passed.

"she still ain't answerin?" Fezco asked, glancing at his brother who looked stressed out.

Ashtray shook his head, running his hand down his face. he pressed her contact, calling her multiple times.

for a moment, he felt a small amount of relief as she finally answered when he called her for the fourth time. "Evie, what the fuck?"

"yo, Ashtray." he heard Cortez's voice, making his face scrunch.

Fezco turned to him, his eyebrows furrowed as he could hear the deep voice on Ashtrays phone.

Ashtrays thought went to once place, before he thought back to the trap house and he felt his steak h turn. "where is she?"

"next to me." Cortez spoke, moving the phone slightly closer to Evie, "say somethin."

"uh, hi?" Evie spoke, making Ashtray glance at Fezco.

"are you good?" Ashtray asked her, though Cortez moved the phone again. "she's fine."'

Cortez told him the address of where they were, telling him that they needed to talk and that he didn't appreciate what he had did at the trap house, before hanging up.

Ashtray stuffed his phone in his pocket, blowing out air. Fezco watched him walk to the back, before stuffing a gun in the waistband of his pants. "the fucks goin on, ash?"

Ashtray shook his head, "went to do that deal the other day, some shit happened and their trynna get back at me."

Fezcos eyebrows raised, "what happened, man?"

Ashtray huffed, "ion got time for this, come on." he told him, rushing to leave the store.

Fezco let it go for a second, quickly locking the store before the two got in the store and headed to the address Cortez had gave them.

silence filled the air, as Ashtrays leg bounced and he stared ahead.

"you gon tell me, now?" Fezco asked, making Ashtray lick his lips, glancing at him.

"dude tried some shit, i didn't let him." he shorted what had happened, but Fezco for what he meant, making him let out a breath and shake his head.

silence filled the car again, until the two made it to the park.