chapter 30

Evies body laid back on her couch, her head resting against it and she pulled the throw blanket closer to her face

Evies body laid back on her couch, her head resting against it and she pulled the throw blanket closer to her face. her eyes stared in front of her, watching Hotel Transylvania once again.

It was one of her favorite series, she had loved it since she was a kid.

For the first time in a long time, Evie felt relaxed and at peace with herself.

her and Ashtray were doing fine, she was now closer with Elliot, Jules and Rue. she was sure there was something going on with Cassie and Maddy, but it wasn't her drama and she was avoiding asking about it and potentially starting something and putting herself in it.

her and Braylee still hadnt spoke, and a part of her missed her.. but she felt as if Braylee should make the effort to talk to her, not the other way around.

her parents had been home more often.

Evie felt genuinely happy. everything felt okay, at the moment. to say the least, she was very thankful.

Evie heard Dokota, her father, yell and tell her that someone was at the door. she let out a huff, pushing the blanket off of her and rushing to the door.

her socks slid on the floor, her stopping herself as she grabbed the door handle and opened the door.

a smile formed on her face as she was met with Ashtray. the two looked at each other for a few seconds, before Ashtray furrowed his eyebrows and pushed her gently to the side, confused on why she didn't immediately let him in like usual.

"what you doin, ma?" he asked, as Evie closed the door behind them.

"i was watching a movie." she answered, standing in front of him as he looked her over.

she wore grey flared sweatpants and a white cropped long sleeve shirt. the necklace she always wore laid on her neck, and he could see the outline of the bracelet he had gotten her on her wrist, through her shirt.