017

evie sat in the passenger seat of fezcos car, her head laid against the car window as ashtray drove her home

the girls head lifted as she saw the familiar street that lead to her house, before they stopped in front of her home and evie let out a sigh, seeing a familiar car parked in the driveway.

ashtray was supposed to stay at evies house with her for the day, until later on when he would have to go home and help fezco with whatever. evie wasn't going to change that plan, she just knew her parents were gonna make a big deal out of it.

"well, wanna meet my parents?" evie scoffed out a laugh, and she pushed the car door open.

ashtray ran his hand down his face, before following behind her.

the two entered the house and walked down the hallway that lead to their living room, where evie knew her parents would be. she heard the tv on, and their familiar voices.

they turned at the sound of many footsteps, their eyebrows raising at the sight of evie and a boy.

"hi." evie greeted, awkwardly rocking.

cassidy turned to dakota, who pointed to ashtray. "who's this?"

evie turned, "he's my—"

evie hasn't thought about it, but neither her or ashtray had put a label on what they were. the two acted like a couple, but they didn't refer to the other as their girlfriend or boyfriend.

"friend." evie folded her lips into a line, squeezing her eyes shut and she felt stupid for calling him her friend.

ashtray glanced at her, his eyebrows immediately furrowing. he scoffed out a chuckle, nodding.

"what's your name?" cassidy turned to ashtray.

evie rolled her eyes, knowing her mom was gonna judge him.

"ashtray." ashtray answered her.

cassidy glanced over at evie, "is that a nickname."

evie licked her lips, "no."

she rocked on her heels for a second, waiting for anyone to say anything else. it for awkwardly quiet, and by how her parents looked at each other, she could tell they felt a type of way about ashtray.

she grabbed ashtrays hoodie sleeve, pulling him in the direction of her room as she walked in front of him.

she could hear her parents talking, and almost as soon as they reached her room, her name was yelled.

she groaned, telling ashtray she'd be back before leaving her room again.

_________________________

evies hands were wrapped around her knees that were close to her chest, staring ahead at her parents.

they had asked her many things about ashtray, and evie answered with both the truth and lies.

they told her their opinion, and how they thought he looked like someone she shouldn't be with, or be hanging around.

"you say that about everyone i hangout with." evie spoke.

"well, maybe you hangout with the wrong people." her mom shrugged.

"i don't." evie chuckled, "y'all aren't home enough to see that, though."

cassidy sighed, "evie, we told you we're—"

"yeah, i get it." evie cut her off, "but i'm just saying, y'all aren't ever home. and when y'all are, y'all judge everything i do and everyone i hangout with."

evies parents, glanced at each other, while evie tapped her fingers on her legs.

"it gets lonely." evie bit her lip, picking at her chipped nail polish.

evie appreciated the fact that her parents felt they could trust her enough with the amount of freedom they gave her. but it was true, she got lonely. she missed her parents, and the house was constantly quiet. which is why she was rarely home.

"we have to work, evie. you know that." dakota spoke.

"we try to be home as much as we can." her mom added.

evie clicked her tongue, humming. "yeah."

she slowly stood, "you don't know ashtray— or any of my friends." she turned, "i'm not gonna stop hanging out with them."

she heard towards her room, pushing open the door to see ashtray slouched, his phone on his lap.

he looked up once she walked in, watching as she stuffed her phone in her pocket. "we should go somewhere else."

he stood, "where?"

"doesn't matter." evie spoke, walking towards her window and opening it.

ashtray watched as she slid out of it, his eyebrows raising before he quickly followed.

"you did that before or somethin?" he asked, making evie chuckle.

"a few times, why?"

ashtray nodded, "looked like it."

the two sat back in fezcos car, ashtray starting the car and starting to drive even though he didn't know exactly where they were going.

"i'm not your friend, by the way." ashtray spoke, glancing at evie.

"yeah, you're my best—" ashtray cut evie off, "not that, either."

evie laughed, "then what are you?"

"not your friend." ashtray shrugged.

"not my boyfriend, either." evie mocked, making ashtray mug her.

"don't gotta label everything, evie." he spoke.

evie shrugged, "i guess."

SLUMPEDDP guess who i was on ft with earlier 🤞🤞🤗

SLUMPEDDP
guess who i was on ft with earlier 🤞🤞🤗

.