09

"yo, what's goin on with rue?" ashtray asked

"what do you mean?" evie asked him, pushing herself up from her seat.

"she was at the house the other day, sayin some crazy shit. about some show and detectives." he shrugged.

evie furrowed her eyebrows, "i don't know."

evie made her way out of the back of the store, she walked to where the chips were, and grabbed a bag of hot cheetos. "fez, can i—"

evie cut herself off as a loud truck pulled up, turning her head to see the familiar truck that belonged to nate jacobs, and maddy in the passenger seat.

"can you get me a mango la Croix?" she heard maddy yell.

"and those cheery rolling papers?"

as nate walked in the store, she walked away from him and went by the door to say hi to maddy.

"you hangout over here, or what?" maddy asked.

"i work here." evie corrected, "but, i guess, yeah."

"i don't know what's been going on with you, rue, and jules and shit." evie heard fezco, making evie turn around.

she quickly said her goodbyes to maddy, before walking more into the store.

"but you should know, i really do care about her."fezco finished.

"aren't you like, her drug dealer?" nate leaned against the glass.

"nah, man."

"what, are you in a relationship?"

"nah, bruh. that's like, my family."

"so it's platonic."

"look, man. all i'm saying is, leave her and her friends alone."

nate glanced at evie who stood directly across from him, looking back and forth between him and fezco.

"is that a threat?"

ashtray watched the scene unfold, shaking his head at evies nosiness.

"nah, im just telling you."

"or what?"

evie rolled her eyes, "he's such a bitch." she mumbled.

"we not gon be havin this conversation."

nate looked over to maddy who watched the two talk, patiently waiting for nate to return to the car.

as nate stepped closer to fez, evies eyebrows furrowed and she stopped closer, as well.

"fezco, let's get this straight."

"you're like, half a retard. you dropped out of school at twenty, and now... you're a gangster."