014

Christmas eve evie had gotten a phone call from her parents, apologizing for not being home yet and letting her know that they would be there in the morning

evie had gotten upset, because even though her parents were constantly out of town, they always came back for holidays to make sure to spend it with her.

it felt weird not falling asleep on the couch with her mom while watching christmas movies.

and the morning of christmas, evie expected to be woken up by her mom, getting rushed downstairs.

but she had set an alarm, just incase.

evie felt like her mood had been ruined quickly when she had gotten woken up by the alarm, and not her mom.

she had laid in bed for a little while to see if she would hear any noise, but the house was completely silent.

all she felt was disappointment and loneliness.

she still rolled out of bed, did her morning routine and kept her christmas pajamas on. she walked out of her room and down the stairs, rolling her eyes at how quiet and dead the house was.

she poured herself cereal, sitting on her couch and staring ahead at all the neatly wrapped presents.

she ignored the upset feeling she had, slouching as she finished her cereal.

she heard her phone start to ring, flipping it over to see fezco was calling her. she quickly answered, dropping her spoon in her bowl.

"yo." fezco spoke as soon as evie answered, "merry christmas, kid."

"that evie?" evie heard ashtray in the background, making her smile widen.

"merry christmas, fez." evie smiled down at her phone screen, watching as fezco went to open his mouth but was cut off as his phone was grabbed, and ashtray face popped up.

"merry christmas, ma." ashtray looked down at the screen.

evie chuckled, "merry christmas, ashtray."

ashtray looked down at the screen for a few seconds, "where's ya parents?"

evie rolled her eyes, "i'm wondering the same thing."

ashtray furrowed his eyebrows, "they not home?"

"she alone?" evie heard fezco in the background.

evie shook her head, "nope." she popped the P, getting up to put her bowl in the sink.

she heard ashtray smack his lips, "be ready, imma come get you."

she had no time to agree or disagree, as ashtray had hung up right after he said that.

evie felt herself holding back the smiling that wanted to form, as she rushed to put fezco and ashtray presents on the couch, put on her shoes and throw on a hoodie.