08

evie stared ahead at her mom, her eyebrows furrowed as she listened to her talk

"i'm just saying, it's good for you to get a job at a young age."

"and i have to get one like, now?" evie asked.

the whole conversation made evie get nervous. she was only fifteen, and her mom was wanting her to start working. there wasn't many jobs that fifteen year olds could work, which made it even more stressful.

cassidy nodded, making evies posture drop.

"there's barely any jobs that i can work at." evie pointed, making cassidy sigh.

"you're stressing too much, already, evie." her mom pointed.

___________________________

"i don't know what you're gonna say, but this feel like, really dramatic." kat pointed.

the friend group sat in cassie's dining room, all in silence as they waited for cassie to talk.

"yeah, this is spooky." bb agreed.

"it is not spooky, bb." cassie spoke, "i just— i need your advice on like, two things. and i need you guys to promise me not to say a single fucking word."

each of them individually nodded, making cassie start speaking.

"so, the night of daniels halloween party, something happened."

cassie explained her whole situation, about daniel and mckay.

"wait, am i hearing this correctly?" maddy spoke, "you wanna tell mckay that you made out with daniel at the carnival and on halloween?"

"yeah, but i don't— i don't have to say it's daniel." cassie answered.

"bitch, that's the craziest idea i've ever heard. right?" maddy looked over to bb, who nodded.

"for sure."

"yeah, but i wanna be honest with him." cassie argued.

"eh." lexi scrunched her face, seeming unsure.

"i don't know, cass." evie shrugged.

"you cannot tell mckay." maddy shook her head.

"but it's not like i cheated, cheated." cassie spoke lowly.

"kissing is so much worse. it's so much more intimate! and if anybody brings it up, you deny, deny, deny." maddy told her.

"okay. but i just— i don't want there to be something this bad between us forever." cassie spoke.