Chapter One: The Beginning of the end

The dark night took over and the cold set in. Once again I was alone which was nothing new I had actually gotten quite accustom to men walking out! Any relationship I had from 13 on ended in cheating, lies, and usually abuse. Not that it mattered because what didn’t kill me only made me stronger right?! Well I like to think so. A million thoughts traveled through my mind at the speed of light as I replayed the events from earlier this evening over and over in my mind but still I’m not sure what went wrong.

I continued walking into the dark not quite sure where I was headed or where I’d end up. I was whistled at a few times coming from cars that had most likely just left the bar with intoxicated males looking to score tail. Well they weren’t going to succeed with me so I flipped them the dirty finger basically telling them to buzz off! And they did, not happily but I was happy enough walking alone, in the dark cold night, by myself. Alone.

That was the one word that I could describe my life with up until this point and probably for the rest of the life I had in front of me. At the young age of 20 most people would tell me to shut up and move on with my life because I was too young to worry about “being alone” but in all reality I knew my destiny because my future was full of nothingness.

Nothing would ever become of a high school drop-out. Not that I cared I just wish I had some where to go someone to come home to. I reached the edge of the forest and I hesitated entering it was already so dark and the trees just made it darker completely blocking out the moon light.

I stood for a few moments lit up and cigarette and replayed my options in my mind. Wander around aimlessly amongst the city maybe meeting a drunk I could go home with, Or enjoy an adventure through the forest? Option B it was. I could feel the air become suddenly heavy all around me. It became suddenly clear that this might not be the best option but that didn’t stop me. I had nowhere else to go and an attractive girl like me would get kid napped off the streets in a heartbeat.

That’s when I realized my heart was racing almost as it was going to pound right out of my chest. This definitely wasn’t the time to be having a panic attack but bring it on I suppose at  this point I could welcome it. My chest started to tighten and I became harder to breathe when all of a sudden not to help matters or the situation I was in, I heard footsteps all around me and whispers from every direction.

“Misty”

And they just continued to ring through my head. Like today wasn’t bad enough I had to let go of the man that I had spent the last two years with because he had fallen in love with my cousin.  

“Misty”

Over and over again it was almost as I was in a trance. I began to think these voices were a figment of my imagination. The footsteps just continued circling but I couldn’t see a thing in the pitch black. Was I dreaming? Would I wake up in my lovers arms and be ok? No this was far too real to be a dream.Not even my imagination was this good, the footsteps became closer to my body that was now knelt on the ground as I gasped for air. But the tone and entrancement of my name slowly rolling off their tongues continued and it felt as though it was a lullaby, as though they were attempting to put me to sleep and finally “they” got close enough for my out of focus eyes to see.

Men.

Many of them, just pacing around me. Who were they? What were they? This panic attack was just getting more interesting by the second. A big male appeared in front of me as he raised his hand to silence the others. It was as if I was mezmorized just starting at such a beautiful being. He was just my type, tall, dark, and most certainly handsome. He approached me slowly speaking my name only once but it was sweeter then anyone had ever spoken it before.

“Misty” He looked at me with those deep honey eyes and lifted my head with just one finger from beneath my chin.

“you shouldn’t have wandered here alone, such a pretty young thing you are. Ive had my eye on you for quite sometime.” This probably should have scared the bejeezus out of me but I was so flattered a man of his nature had actually been eyeing me.

“I didn’t want to do this to you but I cant live without you, and I think in time you’ll come to realize you need me too” he continued.

Im not sure if he was just enchanting me more or if he was really confessing some undying love for me. I remembered now meeting him somewhere but I couldn’t recall where.

“It took me forever to track you darling, you are a hard one to get a hold of.”He declaired.

Why couldn’t I speak? Did I need to or just remain silent and wait for this to be over suddenly then I realized the rest of the men who were pacing around me had turned into dogs. Well wolves to be exact.

The bold leader who stood before me looked at me and questioned

“Misty, dear, are you afraid?”

I shook my head no still lacking my voice box apparently, he giggled like a little school girl which was quite amusing coming from such a big man,

“good because we are nothing to fear.”

What the hell was this guy talking about. We? What were they? The darkness began to close in very quickly. Of course my body has got to shut its self off at a time like this. But I fought, I fought to stay awake and regain consciousness because there was no way this was really happening.

My inner voice started screaming at me “misty don’t close your eyes you need to stay awake” I wanted to scream back “I know” but then I would for sure most likely land myself in a mental institution.

The tall and incredibly handsome and muscular man still stood before me. He spoke softly as he bent down coming closer to the side of my head

“Misty Im going to take you from this cruel world and you will live with us in harmony, I need you forever and no one else will do.”

His voice was like that of a god, I didn’t need to agree because whatever he said felt right.

Now he was right next to my ear, I could feel his warmth and man was he burning up which felt amazing considering the fact I was wearing nothing but short shorts that were once jeans and a white wife beater. I could feel his hot breath on my ear as he whispered

“you’re ready!”

What the hell was I ready for? Why couldn’t I speak? I wanted to so badly but I just listened to him instead.  That’s when he bit the side of my neck, hard, I mean I enjoyed pain but this was excruciating pain that seemed to be seeping beyond my neck as he held his grip. The black started closing in and I was scared I wasn’t sure what was happening but I knew something wasn’t right!

I didn’t agree to this and suddenly an out burst of fighting began around me, these werewolves were now under attack! And I don’t know what the hell is wrong with me all I could hear was shrill screams as the man next to me was stabbed through the heart with a dagger he landed next to me face down on the forest floor.

I felt a cold hand on my face but everything was black. I heard whoever was holding my head up scream for others to come quick that the wolves had attempted to change me as a gasp left his lips

“Its Misty! Hurry we need to save her.”

That’s all I remembered as my world went black and heat began flowing slowly through my veins as my body convulsed, then just as quick as it had begun I felt ice taking over the heat running through my blood. It was like a fight was going on inside me.

I wasn’t sure if I would live to see the light of day again as my life flashed before my eyes and I remembered the hell and only the hell that I had been through within my short 20 years. This was the end I was dying and I didn’t even know why.

What had I done to deserve this? Oh well I would never get the answers I needed because this was the end.

Good bye cruel world.