Chapter Thirty-One: 15 Shots

I continued to run. It honestly felt like déjà vu but there I was running once again. Thor probably still had no idea that I had even left unless he went up stairs and found the note I left next to the coffin. It was almost like I kept waiting to hear his footsteps behind mine but I never did. Usually I ran without a purpose and had no clue where I was going but tonight was different. Tonight I knew exactly where I was headed. Hell.

I was going to get completely smashed and then figure things out from there. I needed to drink this pain away and I needed to do it right because I didn’t have much money on me of course it was money I took off the nightstand in Thor’s room but still. Tonight I was getting smashed. I ran faster as I got nearer seeing the beaming lights sway in the sky I knew I was close. Of course this time I would have to wait in line but it didn’t matter as long as by the end of the night my memory couldn’t function then I had done what I planned to do. As I approached I saw that the line was a little shorter then last time but it would still be a wait as I walked past the door someone yelled out.

“Misty! Misty the newbie! We’ve been waiting for you to come back here!” Bruce the oversized bouncer exclaimed.

“Ahh Bruce you look mighty handsome this evening and it’s such a compliment to know you’ve been thinking about me.” I giggled with him as I turned on my charm.

I knew I may have been pressing my luck but it was worth the try to hit on the bouncer to skip the line.

“You look like you could use a drink and I think Joe is inside waiting to take your order.” He said as he lifted the red rope motioning me to come over.

To my surprise it worked and I wouldn’t even have to wait in line.

“Thanks Bruce.” I said as I patted him on the shoulder and entered the huge warehouse.

Just as Bruce had stated, the bartender Joe was standing at the bar with his eyes locked on me. He was insanely handsome and wore a cut off t tonight showing off those gorgeous muscles.

“Look what the cat dragged in!” he yelled out to me as I made my way to the bar.

“Hey Joe” I greeted him with a toothy smile.

It hurt to smile because there was so much pain inside, so much pain that would soon be forgotten, I hoped.

“You can have whatever you like, it’s on the house tonight.” He exclaimed.

It felt so nice actually feeling wanted somewhere but I couldn’t help to wonder how he knew what I was out to do tonight I mean of course it was a bar but that all lingered at the back of my mind.

“Shot of hott damn please” I stated politely because I wasn’t really asking.

He slid three shots to me knowing one wouldn’t be enough. I slammed the three shots and was passed three more before I could even order. I started to feel the heat radiate through me. The shots didn’t burn as bad as the drink I had the first visit to Hell. I slammed the shots quicker than the first three I had started to drown my sorrows in.

“Slow down killer” Joe said as he shot me a movie star smile.

We started to flirt a little bit as I slowed down on shots seven, eight, and nine, ignoring vampires yelling at him demanding liquor as he talked to me like we were old friends. He eventually went back to work and I was starting to feel the effects of the nine shots I had taken within the last half hour.

The place was packed people all up close and personal on the dance floor which I would have no part of because I didn’t like confined spaces and I know that would make me sick quicker than the liquor would. Joe slid me three more shots which I took almost all at once knowing I needed to slow down but refused to listen to my inner voice. I continued drowning the events of the last few days in the shots of hott damn.