Chapter Thirty-Seven: Actions Speak Louder Than Words

The tears were streaming down my face like rivers leading to an ocean. I guess what hurt the most was that I never got to tell Darken, my sweet Dee, the love I had for him. I had just buried my daughter and the life was being drained from him right in front of my eyes. He couldn't leave me. He was the only one of this existence that protected me and cared for me and now he was slipping away.

It was my fault I know the bite surely to end his existence happened when I was torturing Sasha before I ended her life. For once I just wish things would be alright and go my way. I had never been happier. Dee made me feel so alive and brought back color to my dull world. He was getting weaker and I could feel his strength slowly slipping away through our bond. As much as I didn't want to give up I knew this was the end.

I placed my hand on his forehead brushing his hair back with my fingers. He was burning up and partially sweating which wasn't normal for our kind. We were cold but he was far from cold his body temperature was far down on the other side of the scale from cold. Bruce rushed through the door and came over to examine Dee.

"He's slipping away Bruce. He's getting weaker" I explained as he examined Dee's lifeless body on the couch.

"Misty I have to be honest I don't know if he is going to make it through the change. If his body accepts the wolf venom he will wake up a warm blooded mutt but if it rejects it the fight between the venoms inside will surely end his existence" Bruce explained.

I was overcome with shock and fear I had completely forgotten that he could actually go through the change. Sasha had made the change but she had gone from wolf to vamp.

"Do you think he stands a chance Bruce?" I questioned hesitantly because I didn't know if Dee would still love me when he was a wolf.

"There's a good chance he will. He loves you M, if you can remain calm and keep up hope for the fight he will sense it through the bond and he will make it" Bruce claimed.

Everyone knew he loved me, I knew he loved me just through actions because those surely spoke louder than words. He never had to say the words for me to know the love he held towards me. I don't know how he could love me. I was a woman with a twisted past and I was jaded for sure but he put that all behind us and loved me for who I was today. After everything he had done for me all I could do was fight and hold hope that he would wake up from this nightmare.

But I was scared.

I was scared that in his new existence he wouldn't love me anymore but that didn't matter I just wanted him to live more than anything.

"I've got to go and finish out the night at the club I will be over as soon as the club shuts down ok. Take care of yourself M" Bruce stated as he walked out the door.

He kind of spooked me as he began to speak because I had forgotten he was even there. But now I was alone with the one man that truly loved me as I tried to think positive and help fight to save his life. I pushed him all the way to the back of the couch and curled up next to him and continued running my fingers through his hair.

I had completely forgotten how good it felt to lay next to someone warm. The heat radiated over my body he was like a personal space heater. I concentrated my thoughts on keeping him alive. I know that as a wolf he would find a mate and would claim her I just didn't know if I would be that mate. I couldn't see him with another woman and I knew this.

I had fallen head over heels for this man quicker then I should have but we were bound now by blood. Our souls connected after that first night. He wasn't my maker but this was a different bond. It was like we were two magnets completely attracted to each other and the pull was so strong it finally brought us together. His warmth made me incredibly sleepy and as my eyes grew heavy I couldn't keep myself awake I was so emotionally drained.