Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Dream Gone Wrong

I heard him tear out of the house after me yelling my name. I didn’t turn around I just kept on walking because I wasn’t sure what else to do. Eventually he caught up and wrapped his arms around me as I collapsed onto the ground from the shock of it all.

“There were people in my life before you just as there were people in your life before me and, things never working out with anyone else is what tells us we were meant to be together.” Thor stated while he held me in his arms.

I couldn’t speak I was just in shock that this was the first I had heard about him and Ivy and it hurt. I was no longer comfortably numb I could feel everything and it was intense.

“All you had to do was tell me.” I finally found words and spoke.

“What does it matter, Misty, my past is my past you are the only woman I can spend my future with. You don’t understand how many years ago this was. You weren’t even thought of yet.” Thor explained.

No matter how long before me it still hurt. I felt betrayed and crossed every which way because all either one of them had to do was inform me of their past.

“Look baby she may have settled for my brother because I didn’t want her but I didn’t want her because I was waiting. I was waiting for you.” He stated with tears in his eyes.

I slowly raised my head from his chest to examine his eyes to make sure his words were pure and true. I kissed his lips and wiped the tears from his cheeks for a change and that’s when I knew he was sincere and had waited for me.

“Let’s get away, let’s take a vacation and escape this world for a while.” I suggested knowing he wouldn’t decline spending time away alone with me.

He stood and helped me to my feet and we walked inside together hand in hand as he led me upstairs to pack. Not sure how long we would be gone for I packed for a week just some jeans and t shirts, knowing if it came down to it I would just start washing clothes.  I wasn’t sure where we were going nor did I care we both needed to get the hell away from here so much had happened lately that I was beginning to question my sanity. I had never been the possessive jealous girlfriend until Thor but I guess with him I was more than just a girlfriend, we were soul mates. That’s if we even still had souls. Either way I knew one thing was now for sure Ivy was a snake. No matter what I did for her or tried to be to her she was always going to bring me down because misery loves company. And all she wanted was to bring me down with her no matter the cost.

I sat my bags on the porch as I waited for my maker and the whole group was too tied up in celebrating to realize it was obvious we were leaving. Not that they cared I thought they would at least like to know we were leaving but I didn’t say a word. Thor came down the stairs and he was beaming with happiness that we were going away for some much needed time to ourselves to work on us. He set his bags down next to mine and waltzed over to Ivy who still had her ass planted on the couch lost in her drink.

“My keys” Thor stated as he held out his hand.

She looked at him with lost eyes and handed him her key ring. I wasn’t sure if he was using some sort of compulsion or what on her but she gave them over without a fight. He made his way back towards me picking up both of our bags and turned his head over his shoulder.

“Be gone by morning you are no longer a part of this clan Ivy you are now a lone vamp and I hope you enjoy it. My brother would be ashamed. And the rest of you, don’t burn the house down.” Thor stated with his power behind his voice. I followed him to the black Porsche parked in the driveway. He threw our bags in the trunk and closed it while I gazed at him with questioning eyes.

“What? I bought it!” He stated as he made his way towards the passenger door and opened it for me making sure I was in and then closing it.

He ran around the front of the car and hopped in with a smile on his face like a little kid on Christmas morning. I couldn’t help but giggle he was just so cute. He started up the car and tore out of the driveway like we were Bonnie and Clyde on the run from the law. I loved being seated next to him not knowing where we were heading but also not caring because as long as I was with him it didn’t matter.