Chapter Seventeen: Captured on the Inside

I stood frozen in front of the house by the tree. Not frozen with fear, more frozen with amazement at the beautiful creature that was approaching me. She was about 5’6 with long brown flowing hair that looked like silk. Her body was perfect and if I didn’t know that she was a wolf, I’d say she was the most beautiful human I had ever seen. She smelt so sweet like succulent honey dripping from a hive in midsummer. She had the most emerald green eyes that seemed to glow naturally. Sasha completely amazed me, and that coming from a vampire such as myself was definitely saying something. I could see why Jax loved this creature so deeply.

She smiled her pearly whites “Misty?” She asked as she came to stand in front of me.

“Hi Sasha.” I replied. “I hate to inform you but you are our ticket in. Jax trusts you so I know that the clan, and myself, can trust you as well. I need to know when the big meeting is and where. We are going to have to attack from all sides. Are you going to be ok with giving us this information?” I asked her as we stood in the yard under the cherry tree with blooming blossums.

“How are the rest of the blood suckers…..er…. I mean how are the rest of them going to know not to attack me?” She asked as she turned her eyes towards the ground.

She was afraid of losing her life in this battle and I could completely relate to that feeling.

“Well I hadn’t thought of that actually. We will have to get Jax’s opinion but his scent all over you is probably our best bet.” I replied.

She was intelligent, thinking of the little details I had missed.

“The meeting is tomorrow night, midnight, in the middle of the forest. You won’t be able to miss it they will have several fires burning.” She stated.

I heard the wolf call out in the deep darkness somewhere.

“They’re calling. I must go.” She exclaimed as she turned to walk away.

“Thank you Sasha.” I called after her as she disappeared into the dark night.

I was now scared. In less than 24 hours my clan may become puppy chow. This had to be planned out. We needed different teams. I had to make sure Sasha was covered with Jax’s scent right before the fight began so that the wolves didn’t catch a whiff or suspect anything. I thought about my clan. Each and every one of them where gifted and skilled, they all had experience in slaying werewolves. We would win so why am I still so full of fear. The vision kept playing over and over again in my mind. They want me.

I headed back up the stairs and perched myself on the top step as I let my eyes wander off into the darkness. The sound of the rain pitter patting on the roof sent a sense of calm through my overly tense body. I would never live through the pain of losing my mate. A few clan members I would eventually get over, but my mates death would in return end my existence. I heard the front door open and before I could even turn around to see my maker’s face I felt his arms around me as he sat behind me pressing his body to mine.

“You’re not gonna lose me Misty. We’re going to make it out of this together.” Thor said as he pressed his cold lips to my cheek.

Of course he was reading my mind again. No matter what I would never give up without a fight! I would fight for my kind. I would fight for the win.  

“Their meeting is tomorrow night, at midnight. They will be in the forest with several fires going.” I relayed the information to Thor.

Tears swelled up in my eyes and the lump rose in my throat so that I couldn’t speak. Not that I needed to I mean hell he reads minds right.

“You’ve mapped out the most reliable plan and you can’t forget we have someone on the inside Misty. It’s all going to be ok. You’re brilliant and I’m so proud that I am the one that brought you into this world. You’re not only the best thing that’s happened to me, you’re the best thing that’s happened to this clan.” Thor informed me as I let the tears roll slowly down my porcelain face.

I couldn’t believe that all of this was happening so fast. I knew we needed to inform the others and pull one final meeting together but I was so content in my maker’s arms. I had been focusing my whole existence on my first battle not knowing if it would be my last. But as the brains of this operation I knew that I had to hold myself together. Not for me for my clan.

“You know I used to sit out here every night for hours wondering if I would ever find you. I didn’t know what else to do you had completely taken over my thoughts. And now that you’re here it’s still not real to me. I finally have my love.” Thor’s voice was so soft and informative.

I turned to face my maker as I took his face in my hands and pressed my lips to his.

“I love you. I will always love you. Don’t ever forget that Thor.” I spoke as I pressed my lips to his once more.

The lightning and thunder became more intense as the rain seemed to fall harder on to the earth. Thor grabbed my legs so that I could straddle his torso as I wrapped my legs around him he stood as we continued to kiss. I know it wasn’t the time for a session of passionate sex but I couldn’t help it. I became wetter with every kiss. He carried my body effortless into the living room leaving the door wide open so that would could feel the light breeze and smell the cleansing scent of the rain. He laid me ever so gently on to the couch as he let his hands explore my body, he did so without ever taking his lips off mine. He removed his lips from mine only to kiss on my neck down my torso stopping at my belly button. I ran my fingers through his perfect hair raising my hips to let him know I wanted him inside me, and I wanted it now.

Right as he had undone the button on my jeans the doorbell rang. Go freaking figure. I swear we got interrupted more than not.

“I’ll be right back baby.” Thor said with a smile on his face as he kissed my forehead.

Whoever it was lacked intelligence I mean the door was wide open.

I watched my maker’s body moved with lust filled eyes. I heard Jax’s voice.

“They’ve got her. They smelt me.” He was gasping for air like he had just escaped the clutches of death himself.

I came to my feet and peeked around the corner. He was badly beaten. He in fact hardly escaped death.

“Get in here.” I demanded Jax.

He willingly followed my command. “Tell me everything that happened. I need to know everything.”

He went through the events and the pain was appearent in his voice but it wasn’t physical pain from his wounds it was a deeper pain. The pain of losing the only one you love.

“She’s in trouble I don’t know what to do. I can’t face all of them alone.” Jax stated as he began to cry.

“I don’t think we can wait until tomorrow” Thor stated.

And I had to agree, my maker had a point the longer we wait the less chance there is of Sasha’s survival. I saw the damage they could do. Jax was a mess but he escaped.

“Thor, call the clan. We don’t have time to wait for them. I’m going in.” I announced as I took a jacket off the hook.

Thor must have sensed this was not the time to argue with me. He just looked at me with the saddest eyes. I kissed my hand and blew it his way and tried to ease his troubled mind. I couldn’t because I was a mess I walked out onto the porch not knowing if I would ever see my maker again. I felt him pull on my arm to spin me around as he kissed my lips so passionately.

“I love you.” Were the only words he spoke through his tears, he was actually crying.

“I love you too.” I said as I kissed him once more on those addicting lips. “I’ll see you soon baby” I said as I turned back around to walk towards the forest where two worlds were about to smash right into each other.

I was scared but this was my duty. This was the only way. But would I ever really see the only man I’ve ever truly loved again? Or was this it? Was I going to die all over again?

I ran full speed into the forest. I ran full speed into what could be my death.