Chapter Thirty-Six: The Change Of My Very Existence

I examined myself in front of the mirror. I was in a knee length black dress and black heels. Tonight was the night we were to burry my baby girl and my emotions were all over the place. I knew that a battle was near but I couldn’t focus on the fight my mind was wrapped around never getting to know the little girl I had once carried. I was still in shock and it still didn’t seem real. I knew vampire pregnancies didn’t take as long as a human pregnancy but either way I had carried her in my womb and now it was time to lay her in her final resting place. I knew she was safe with my parents in heaven but this fight that was going to outbreak because the wolves wanted to open the portal scared me. I had never felt this way before a fight. I was nowhere near confident and I feared the worst this time.

“Misty” Dee’s voice pulled me from my thoughts.

I wiped the tears away as he opened the bedroom door but I wasn’t quick enough and the sadness trailed on my face. Dee approached me and wrapped his arms around me pressing me close to his chest. He knew this wasn’t going to be an easy task but he wasn’t going to leave my side.

“Baby it’s all going to be ok” he soothed me with nothing but his voice. I knew it wasn’t compulsion he was being completely honest.

“It’s time you drink from me doll. And if you want that bond to be extra strong I will drink from you but only if you are ok with that” He stated.

“Whatever is the best way. You know best Dee” I said completely trusting him.

I nuzzled up to his neck and before I knew it my fangs were in plain view. I nipped his neck a few times before sinking my teeth completely into his neck and after a few gulps I had had my fill so I pulled away. His blood was like nectar so sweet and desirable I was shocked I had enough self control to stop. I began to feel a nervousness feeling that I knew wasn’t coming from me which meant it was working.

“Why are you nervous Dee?” I questioned as he nibbled on my ear lobe.

“I know that you are going to be the most sweetest taste I’ve ever had quenching the dry thirst in my mouth, I don’t know if I will be able to stop” Dee whispered in my ear with his chill breath rolling down my neck.

“I know you’ll stop it will all be ok” I consulted him. I trusted him and his judgment I knew everything would be alright.

The nervousness disappeared almost completely after I spoke those words and he closed in on my neck. He gently bit at first and then completely penetrated my neck with his fangs. It hurt but the pain was replaced by an almost orgasmic feeling. His bite was incredible and intoxicating. It felt so good as he took a few gulps of me and pulled away. I couldn’t help but kissing him. I was so turned on and even though a few droplets of my blood remained, I had to have my lips pressed against his. He kissed me back so passionately and I started feeling a sense of calm storm over my body. It was then I knew everything would be ok.

“The clan is meeting us there and I am sure Thor and his clan are already there we should get a move on it doll” Dee exclaimed.

He took my hand and led me down the stairs and out the front door to the car that was already waiting and ready to go in the driveway. He locked the door behind us and we were on our way to the funeral. I was still nervous to see my maker. I didn’t want to face him. Dee grabbed my hand and that was just the reassurance that I needed.  When we arrived to the burial grounds of the dead there were black cars all over and many people gathered around a little white coffin. It was Jaime’s. I knew I wasn’t prepared for this and I broke down.

“Doll you’re killing me. I don’t like to sense your pain. It’s going to be ok she’s in a better place now” Dee comforted me.

Darken helped me out of the car and we walked up to the ceremony hand in hand. A few other people I recognized from the bar Dee worked at were already there waiting for us. Thor and the clan stood on the other side of the coffin. Thor looked at me but didn’t approach me and didn’t say one word. I couldn’t sense Thor’s feelings but I knew Dee and I being hand in hand had bothered him because his eyes were still locked on our intertwined fingers. I was shocked that Ivy wasn’t there to support him although I am glad she wasn’t because I would have ripped her throat out. Sasha, Jax, and baby Jareden all stood beside Thor.