Chapter Thirty-Three: The Key

I gazed up at the stars through the t top windows of Dee’s car. It was such a clear beautiful night and the constellations were at their brightest. The drive to the top of whatever mountain we were on was a quiet one. We both settled for some white noise which was nothing but the soft rock music playing on the radio. We finally reached the top of the mountain and I couldn’t help but catch the name on one of the signs ‘Devils Chin’, of course it’d be hell related I mean we were vampires. Much to my surprise the pull off by the highest point was empty and we were alone. I wasn’t scared I knew Dee would watch over me and protect me no matter what came our way but it was dark as soon as he turned those head lights off. I could still see, somewhat with the heightened vampire senses I had but then Dee suggested we get out of the car. A little timid to open the door I realized how beautiful it was and had to get a closer look of the view.

He helped me over the guard rail, which I am sure was quite amusing because I was wearing a short dress but it didn’t matter because as soon as looked out over the city and saw all the lights with the stars so perfectly hung above me, it completely took my breath away.

“I come up here to think. Helps me clear my mind” Dee stated with a satisfied smile on his face knowing that I had just fallen in love with his gorgeous thinking spot.

“It’s perfect” I smiled back at his toothy grin.

“Talk to me Misty. What’s going on? I know it’s more than what you told me the other night” Dee demanded but not in a possessive ‘I better get an answer’ way.

He was more concerned than anything.

“Besides the fact that all I ever did with Thor was fight, I lost my daughter that I will never know, I found out Thor and Ivy have a past that neither one felt obligated to tell me about, and I realized I don’t love Thor, in fact I don’t think I ever did! It was all the makers hold. And now I am questioning who I have become and if it was what was meant to be all along. I have 3 different breeds of blood in me which supposedly makes me more powerful but in all honesty it makes me feel stupid and weak. I still don’t understand all of this. I wish my parents were here to answer some of these questions maybe even Grammy” I sighed after letting it all out and putting it all out on the table.

I hoped Dee wouldn’t judge me or think I am completely crazy for my thoughts.

“Thor waited for you Misty. But he wasn’t the only one that did. We all waited for you. There’s one thing you have to know now. You are the next born leader of our underworld, you will eventually run the council and this hell we live in if you chose to do so. Thor was reimbursed for creating you. It wasn’t about you it was about the money. Greed took over. It was his plan all along Misty. Sorry I probably shouldn’t be the one telling you this. But after he saw you take down the alpha he knew you could kill him. You’re too much of a risk because if you don’t make it to see the day of ruling this hell then he will take over and that’s all he wants.” Dee spoke staring at the ground the whole time.

I knew he felt guilty for telling me the truth but I was very appreciative that he had chosen to do so. As much as it hurt I kind of knew this all along.

“So can I ask you a question and have you be totally honest with the response” I asked with my shaky nervous tone.

“You know I couldn’t lie to you if I wanted to. You have natural compulsion that only advanced vampires can falsify” He responded.

“Ivy and Thor never split up and she was never married to his brother was she?” I questioned tensing every muscle in my body awaiting the answer.

“No they never split but yes she married his brother, for the social status. But her and Thor continued to sleep together the whole time they were married. Ironic thing is Char ended up dying fighting for you. His brother, Thor, wanted you so bad, or so he claimed, that Char being the one who basically raised Thor in this world would give him anything that his hear desired but what Thor’s heart truly desired was Char’s very own wife.” Dee explained.