Chapter Eight: The Fight

I watched as fear washed over and consumed my body. I knew that this was not something that Thor could just let go of. His fists clenched tighter and he was crushing my hand that was now feeling the power of his wrath under his tight grip. I wanted to let go but there was no way I would put up a fight to this creature. Ivy simply sat swirling her coffee in her mug lost in a daze, not like the one while she was living in her vision, this was different she actually had a smile on her face. She looked happy and that is why I couldn’t figure out why my maker was so angry. Angry wasn’t even the word to describe it. Furious. He released my hand and stood up

“What?” he said not in the manner that he really wanted Ivy to repeat the name but more as like she had to be kidding.

The smile fell quickly from Ivy’s face. She looked like a deer into head lights straight at Thor and for some reason I knew that he was about to lose control. He picked up the table and threw it across the room. Scared the bejeezus out of me but it didn’t seem to faze Ivy. She sat quietly on the couch and continued sipping her coffee.

“After everything Char and I did for you. You have the nerve to get with the one man who wanted my brother’s power? Not to mention the death threat he had out on us. What the hell has gotten into you Ivy? What the hell are you thinking?” He was yelling and I didn’t like it when he yelled but I knew there was worse to come when all Ivy responded with was a sadistic smile that even made me want to punch her lights out.

How dare she disrespect my master after he had watched over her the last year and taken her in. Not that she needed it but he did! He was over to her in a flash so quickly all I saw was a blur and my senses were becoming more dialed in. Before I could even blink he had his hand wrapped around her throat.  We didn’t need air to survive, so I was pretty sure that this was so that Ivy could look him dead into his eyes without looking away. She was indeed scared and let her body hang lifeless from my maker’s hand. Then she did the unthinkable, she laughed. Before I knew it I was standing next to my maker running my fingers through his hair at an attempt to calm him down before he snapped her neck. In one swift movement he back handed me right across the face. I flew back into the wall on the opposite side of the room and slid to the ground. I realized that I was bleeding from the corner of my mouth and my cheek had been definitely crushed.

My maker didn’t understand his strength and I don’t think he realized what he had done until he heard me slam the front door shut. It hurt and not so much physically but mentally. I had been abused from any man I had ever fallen for and this was so much worse. He was my maker I belonged to him. What a bastard, I mean I dealt with this my whole human life there was no way in hell that I was going to live the rest of eternity being beaten because he had no one else to take his anger out on. I had made it to the front tree which was now holding me up as the rain soaked my body. I heard the front door open and footsteps approaching. He only knew right where I was because of our bond he sensed me.

“Misty” he spoke my name so sweetly and just like any time this had happened to me before I turned my head.

He grabbed me by the shoulders in attempt to get me to look at him. I could feel the pain, not only from me, but it was completely consuming him. He lifted his hands and grabbed my cheeks. I winced in pain, it was almost as I could feel my cheek bone fusing its self back together but it hurt immensely for him to touch it, I held myself together and looked at him deep into his eyes. The rain seemed to pour down harder and I had to say that his body soaking wet was a complete turn on.

‘Misty’ my inner voice screamed ‘now is not the time to think about sex.’ My voice was right.

So I continued to gaze into his concentrating solely on my words as they escaped my lips as a warning. Cutting so deep like a knife as I spoke in a low harsh tone

“Thor, if you ever dare lay one finger on me, ever again, I swear I will rip you into pieces and feed you to the wolves.”  

He didn’t say one word as he held his head low in shame. I pushed my maker off me as I headed to the house. I heard footsteps running up behind me and as I reached the first step of the porch I felt him place his hands on me to turn me around. Willingly I did so and I looked into his pain felt and guilt stricken eyes.

“It will never happen again Misty. I’m sorry.”Thor pleaded.

I turned around and headed for the door under my breath I responded“psh I’ve heard that before.”

“But never from me” Thor responded.

Damn it I keep forgetting about these keen senses. Whatever I’m glad he heard me and I hope to god he took me seriously. I let myself into the house because he had left the door open on his way out. I strolled straight over to Ivy who was on the floor where Thor had obviously dropped her. She was holding her throat where my maker had clenched his hand around her. It was bruised but when she saw me a look of shock over took her face and it was almost like she had never seen anything worse in her life. Which I knew wasn’t the case, I mean come on now she was a vampire I’m sure she had seen far worse but she wasn’t happy about what she did seen. The hand print across my face said enough clearly because as soon as she heard Thor enter the house she was standing in front of him almost instantly.

“What are you fucking thinking Thor? Did you seriously fucking hit her? What the hell is wrong with you?”

I was standing at Ivy’s side before my maker could even answer. All he did was stand there with his head hung and I could sense how ashamed he was.

“Ivy I took care of it” I spoke up as I glared at Thor.“Let’s go get a bite to eat while Thor here sits and thinks about what he’s done this evening.” I suggested while my eyes still glaring angrily at my maker.

“Go upstairs and grab a jacket Misty” Ivy instructed “and change into some jeans and a t shirt your soaked and the last thing I need you to do is freeze.”

I followed Ivy’s instructions and followed the spiral stair case up to her room. As soon as I reached the landing I heard her start in on Thor. I couldn’t make out the words but I knew she was bitching him out. I liked her already. I just grabbed the first pair of jeans and t shirt I could find and on the way  out snatched a jacket off the coat rack. I swiftly glided down the stairs but they must have heard me because Ivy was waiting patiently while Thor held the door open for us.

“We’ll be back soon” Ivy proclaimed.

“If you’re lucky” I nastily commented towards my maker.

Not that I didn’t love him I was just so upset with him. I didn’t want to live like I had to as a human this was my fresh start. And what a shitty fresh start it ended up being. I felt how horrible he felt as we walked out that door but I didn’t care. I wished he felt more pain because my cheek was still throbbing and attempting to fuse its self back together.

“I’m sure after you eat that will heal quicker” Ivy stated in her matter of fact tone.  

I placed my icy cold fingers on my cheek which helped a little bit. Who was I kidding it didn’t help at all and I did care about Thor but right now I wanted him to drown in his guilt. But how long would Ivy and I be out hunting I mean it was pouring rain, and it was a little bit chilly. But I was ready to stay out as long as I needed to, until my maker, the one man I didn’t want to live without realized what he did to me was wrong and if he ever did it again it would result in his death. How long would that take? Oh well I was prepared to be out all night and I imagined Ivy was just as well prepared because as soon as Thor shut the door and we reached her car parked in the drive way she smiled her devilish little smile and said one word

“Underground.”