Chapter Seven: Seeing Through

I could hear the thunder before I could hear the rain drops pelting on the ground. I loved rain storms, in fact I was beginning to realize as a human I loved almost anything that was dark dreary and depressing. I was also coming to the realization that as a vampire I loved these things even more. This life was obviously my destiny! And I was doing a damn good job of welcoming it with open arms but then again with someone so perfect as Thor by my side that wasn’t difficult.

He was flawless. A chiseled body that I so comfortably melted in to, amazing features that any girl of my nature could fall in love with, and those eyes, oh my goodness those dark stormy eyes, those were the eyes of power deepness and I could swear they held the opening to his soul. It’s amazing after all the books and movies I had entertained myself with while I was human, about these creatures of the night, I was finding little truth in the myths of which I believed. How could I be so in love with a man I barely knew? I didn’t know and at this point I really didn’t care I just didn’t ever want to leave his side not that that would be entirely possible because I’m sure at some point I’d have to stay home while he went out with Tucker, Jorgan, Jax, and Taer, but still I didn’t want to leave his side. I was safe and cold but I know if I were still human I’d be warm and fuzzy inside! At that thought I thought I was going to throw up in my mouth a little bit. I pressed my ice cold red lips upon my makers and lingered for another passionate kiss when I heard Ivy speak up from the door way

“Good lord you two get a room!” I pulled away from Thor and gave an innocent giggle.

Ivy spoke up again as she seated herself on the couch across from the one Thor and I had managed to take over.

“I need to talk to you about Char, Thor, I know it’s only been a year but I can’t hold this in much longer.”

Thor seemed to lower his head again and after all the information I had on vampires they weren’t supposed to have feelings but I was overwhelmed with a sense of sadness and loss from Thor. I slowly rose to my feet as Thor grasped my hand and Ivy gave me an order “sit!”

So I did without asking why as she continued

“You’re one of us and this is something you need to be around for.”

I gave what I thought was a half-smile although I’m sure it didn’t come across as one. Thor spoke up while his head was still down in one hand while his other hand gripped mine tightly.

“I know he’s gone and we can’t bring him back Ivy. And I know that although I’ve tried to keep you company your lonely and depressed. You need to do what you need to do for you Ivy and quit worrying about me and how I’m going to react, after years of you and my brother supporting me in my search for Misty, the least I can do is let you know that you need to be happy as well.”

Thor looked up at me with one of those simple soft smiles then we both turned to Ivy who was sitting on the couch staring blankly ahead. I was unsure of what was going on and as soon as I turned to my maker and ask him what the hell was wrong with her he put his finger up to his lip as if he were silencing me, which it obviously worked because I turned my attention straight back to Ivy who was still gazing forward almost as if she were trapped in another dimension. When she finally came to she was out of breath, not that we needed air to breathe, but the look on her face definitely said it all. She was frightened, if her face could have gotten anymore pale, I’m sure it would have. The few minutes that passed that we were allowing her to gather her thoughts felt like hours, and she had both Thor and I on the edge of the couch waiting with such anticipation and it just grew with every second. She finally spoke in a raspy freakish voice

“Battle.”

One simple word that I had no idea what it meant but I felt the fear pulsating through Thor as if this were the worst possible thing anyone could have ever said to him. After the freakish show Ivy had just put on I was terrified and feeling what my maker was feeling made this whole ordeal feel like it was going to be the end of our existence, little did I know it very well could be. Ivy slowly brought herself to her feet and announced “I’m going to make some coffee. We have a lot of planning to do. We might want to call at least your clan first and then eventually get Char’s clan and Klyer involved. But I want a basic plan before we summon anyone.”

She strolled into the kitchen and out of sight. I then turned to my maker with a look on my face that simply stated that I wanted an explanation.

“We’ve been fighting the werewolves for centuries its seems but in the last few years the battles have been more gruesome and many more have lost their lives to these mangy mutts, like my brother. We’re not even sure what were fighting for anymore but whatever it is it’s important to them. Char’s clan hasn’t fought since my brothers passing. Ivy is supposed to take over that clan and it finally looks as though things have gotten serious enough for her to finally do so! She will be only the 2nd female ever to run a clan.”

“Who was the first?” I asked. 

“Her mother.” Thor replied. 

It took me a minute to put everything together from the battle vision Ivy had to her leading a clan and suddenly it all began to sank in.

“I’m not running our clan Thor! I need you please tell me you make it through this battle.”

Thor looked at me with saddened eyes which just about ripped my un-beating heart right out of my chest. There was no way I could make it in this world without my maker now way I would even want to imagine it.

“I will live through this one baby. But one day you may have to take charge and lead our clan without me. I don’t know nor does Ivy but you know that I will fight to remain by your side!” he said in his deep velvet voice.

But I was scared.

The color of our eyes said it all and I was beginning to think that the color of the eyes said more then what was lead on. I couldn’t live without my maker I hadn’t even been awake and in my new life for 48 hours and I was so connected with him. I had to stop thinking about it I had to get these thoughts out of my head. I felt his chilled lips press against mine gently as I closed my eyes and fell into the kiss completely letting every other thought slip from my mind besides how wonderful the kiss was and how perfectly our lips fit together. Thor pulled away and brushed my hair out of my face while gently pushing it behind my ear.

“Everything will be ok baby! Everything will be alright.”He spoke those words full of passion and truth.

Of course his words soothed me he was my maker and I would believe me if he told me that elephants were pink or the grass was really blue. He could tell me anything and because of the bond between us and him being my maker I would believe it.

Ivy reappeared in the doorway, he must have heard her coming hence why he pulled out of the kiss and part of me was glad he didn’t I didn’t want to rub it in even more then we already had because she had lost her maker! Then I remembered the conversation we were having before the vision of the battle and I spoke up,

“So what’s his name Ivy?”

She smiled a toothy smile as she looked up at me over her steaming cup of coffee “Jedd.”

She returned to drinking her coffee and I felt rage building up through me but I wasn’t angry I was happy that she had found happiness after her makers death. Why did I feel as though I wanted to rip this ‘Jedd’ to pieces, I didn’t even know him. Then I remembered I could feel what my maker did and I could clearly see he was enraged.

But why? Was this jealousy? Was he jealous that he couldn’t have Ivy? No this was a pure hatred feeling that was completely consuming Thor. I was worried that he would strike but I knew I had gotten my self control from him. But why did he despise this Jedd so much?