Chapter Thirteen: Going Back Before Going Forward

Fear consumed my very being. Glowing dark eyes starting me down from the edge of the forest gave me the worst gut feeling possible. Jax must have sensed my fear or smelt the flea bag that stood only about a hundred yards from us. He stopped rocking me and his eyes locked on the glowing set that had been watching us and we didn’t even know how long they had been observing. I didn’t move and I didn’t need to breathe so I didn’t even try to do that knowing that the stiller I sat in this situation the better off I’d be. What were we going to do? I didn’t know a werewolves strength, but I wasn’t trained to fight and if the mangy mutt decided to let out a call we would have a whole pack to deal with by ourselves. The next thing I know the dark figure lurking in the shadows with glowing eyes slowly turned around and began to walk away. I was in shock! I mean I knew we were all about to go to war so why was this wolf giving up so easily?

Jax let out a sigh of relief and I could help but turn my attention towards him the curiosity obviously in my eyes which of course he was trying to avoid. But what was he hiding?

“Look Misty I don’t know what you plan on doing or where you plan on going but I suggest marching your pretty little ass back to that house apologizing to Thor and taking back what is yours. This war is going to begin they are now getting brave enough to watch us as if they were keeping tabs. Just please whatever you do drop the game and make things right between you and your maker. I know he loves you more than anyone he’s ever laid eyes upon.” Jax spoke with his assertive tone not giving me a choice in the matter he obviously needed to get a move on.

But what was he hiding? Was he right? Do I really just go back and make things right with Thor? Having a new beginning wasn’t supposed to be this hard. This life was supposed to be easier then my last. Deciding that Jax was preoccupied with something else, and his thoughts obviously being elsewhere, I decided to head back towards that house.  Not sure if it was the right thing to do knowing that if I walked into that house and that trashy whore was still half naked with my maker I would surely kill her slowly.

“Thanks Jax.” I let those words slip through my cold lips before I took off and we went our separate ways.

He was a good friend I mean he was there when I needed to be comforted. I just hope he was right about me going back to that house. As I marched up the front yard preparing myself mentally for what may be going on inside, it seemed to strike me instantly and the feeling was very strong. Sadness, anger, frustration, and loneliness topped off with a hint of sadness. Thor’s emotions have returned and I was actually quite joyous to feel him again. I missed him so much but I needed to remain strong just in case he was deciding to finish what he started with Ivy before I interrupted. I really hope this was the right thing. I crept up the steps of the porch and right as I went to knock on the big oak door I heard a trembling voice coming from the dark corner of the porch. I hadn’t even noticed that the porch light wasn’t on.

“Baby, is that really you?” Thor’s voice broke out of the corner.

Hearing his soothing coo completely melted me! Oh my goodness how I missed him. I so badly wanted to run right up to him and throw my arms around him embracing him in the most passionate kiss. But I knew I needed to stand my ground and keep composure. What he had done to me was wrong, he cheated and the thought of him being with Ivy completely repulsed me. He stepped out of the corner allowing the moonlight to hit his face.

“Stop right there Thor.” I demanded.

There was so much more I wanted to say but that’s all that came out at that moment. I knew if he had come one step closer I would snap and he stopped dead in his tracks. I felt the shock rise through him. He obviously wanted to come closer but I had demanded that he didn’t. He sensed my intensity and knew taking a step closer with Ivy’s scent on him may result in his death and then hers. I wasn’t in the mood for a mass murder but I wasn’t in the mood for the games either. Finally I found the courage to speak after finally ridding the lump that had rested in my throat.

“What you did to me was wrong. I’m not sure why you would do something with Ivy her being widowed after your BROTHERS death, in fact I don’t know why being with any other woman besides me would repulse you! I know you were drunk and we were fighting but for hell’s sake Thor if you’re going to go out and cheat on me every time we fight then I don’t ever want to see you again.” I continued to rant on feeling how sorry he was and ashamed he was of himself because his emotions were flooding my body. “This life was supposed to be different for me. You chose me and being my maker wasn’t all you chose to be to me Thor! You were my lover and I didn’t want to spend the rest of eternity by myself. I don’t understand why you would bring me into this world if you just planned on cheating on me and breaking my heart.” I choked out before the tears swelled in my eyes.

I lowered my head as I wept. Not sure how Thor was going to respond to this flood of emotion, I placed my head in my hands and cried. He was so full of guilt and so apologetic but wouldn’t speak one word. This angered me I had just poured my eyes out and couldn’t even get a response. Really?! So were still playing this game. His eyes were filled with concern and I know seeing my tears jolted like lightning bolts of pain through his body.

“I messed up. Ivy told me you had fooled around with Bruce and I believed her only after I had heard this from your mouth. I was confused and drunk she turned on her charm also being intoxicated” As I cut him off.

“Don’t you dare make excuses for that fucking slut Thor!” He looked back to the ground.

“Misty, baby, I’m sorry! I just want to make things right. I really do love you! I’ve waited for you for so long! My very existence is pointless without you. I love you Misty.” His voice cracked as he spoke, the words were true, but he was in the middle of a break down.

“Save it, Thor! I’m not ready to forgive you! We’ve got a lot to do and we need to at least be on speaking terms. The war with the wolves is going to begin soon and I haven’t even been trained how to fight. Probably because my maker has been too busy fucking random useless whores.” I spoke with my voice completely coated with an edginess that let him know I was more serious then death himself.

“We’ve got to come up with a plan and then I will teach you the ‘How to kill werewolves basics 101’ after the meeting and determination of this plan that needs to be set in stone before I decide your even worthy to fight.” Thor explained.

Worthy to fight? Ha why did he even question it? We both knew damn well that I was one of the most powerful advanced newborns anyone had ever come across.

“Well I suggest you get your ass in the house and make some phone calls to get the clan here then huh?” I said suggestively but more assertively then anything.

As we headed to the door I looked towards the driveway and noticed that Ivy’s car was gone. I looked back at Thor with a questioned look on my face.

“I couldn’t really expect you to live with the woman I cheated on you with could I? I mean I had cared for her long enough as it was and I thought she had ruined us completely Misty. She had to go if I ever wanted to make things right with you. Not that I am trying to push or anything just want you to know that I took the trash out.” He smiled that smile that completely captured me and melted me, making me breathe slower and faster at the same time.

I couldn’t help but to give a slight smile back.

“Meeting” I announced as if I was reminding him what we were doing.

I followed my maker into the house knowing that one day I may just be able to call it home as long as we could work out our underlying issues. Could I ever forgive the man who gave me the sole purpose to my existence?