Chapter Twenty-Three: Thuds of a Young Heart

I laid in bed beneath the covers as hunger pains set in. We were still waiting for Sasha to make the complete change and she was still knocked out. Something wasn’t right. Thor was down stairs tending to Jax and trying to help in any way possible. I could still hear her moaning in pain. I really hope that my transformation wasn’t that complicated. I decided I should go down and help the boys with whatever I could after all I did well before. I still didn’t know how I knew exactly what she needed but I did.

I made it down stairs to find Sasha laying on the floor in horrible condition. I grabbed a pillow off the couch and knelt beside her while I excused the boys so that they could go eat. I was starving the hunger pains were unbearable but they needed to eat first. Sasha’s stomach looked bloated. It was larger than usual making her look somewhat plump but only in the stomach area. I was no doctor. I had never been a doctor but something was wrong and I needed to figure it out before the boys got back. She still had a heart beat so the change hadn’t completed yet. Her face was pale and her breaths were shallow but every now and then she would convulse and whine out in pain. I gently placed my hand on her stomach and whatever was going on inside of her seemed to be kicking me. It was actually reacting to touch. I yanked my hand away quickly because it scared me.

What the hell was going on here? She had some sort of monster growing inside of her. I hesitated to pick up the phone and call Thor. I know the boys needed to eat so I would let them be. Then I did the unthinkable something only a crazy person would do. I reached for my phone and scrolled down the contacts to ‘Ivy’ and I proceeded to hit the green send button. I wasn’t going to ask her to come here in fact honestly I didn’t want to see her at all but if I explained the situation then maybe she would know what to do. The phone rang three times before she answered.

“Well you are the last person I expected to hear from! You do realize your little stunt got me kicked out of the house right? This better be good.” Ivy said in a tone so cold it could have froze hell over.

“Look I’m not trying to start any problems or anything I need your help. I didn’t mean to get you kicked out of the house and I’m sure if you wanted to come back you could. I need some answers about cross bred babies.” I responded with a shaky voice.

“By cross bred you mean like vampire werewolf babies? Did you sleep with a werewolf? Where’s Thor?” she asked.

I really didn’t want to have to proceed in explaining the details but I did so anyways.

“Thor is out hunting with Jax. Jax’s mate wanted to be changed the process is taking far too long and something in her stomach is responding to touch. Yes she was a werewolf. I just need to know what I need to do to keep both mom and baby alive.” I blurted out quickly but Ivy had incredible hearing like most vampires so I know she caught it all.

“Ok. I’m on my way. Don’t move her and try to keep her supplemented with blood.” She ordered as she hung up the phone.

I really hope that Thor wouldn’t be upset that I called Ivy. I didn’t even know how long the boys would be gone but I knew that Jax needed to be away for a while. He had spent the last two days here holding her hand and rocking on the floor. I couldn’t believe he didn’t realize the growth in her stomach. Maybe he did realize it he just didn’t want to acknowledge it. I heard Ivy’s car pull up in the drive way and it felt like before I could even blink she was walking through the front door. Either she wasn’t far or she was in a hurry.

“Why the hell didn’t you call me sooner?” She asked as she ran over to us on the living room floor.

“Honestly I didn’t think about it until now.” I stated.

“Well it looks like I got here just in time. I need you to go get me a wet rag and a few bottles of blood out of the fridge.” She ordered.

I rose to my feet and went and collected the wet rag and 3 bottles of blood out of the fridge just as instructed.