Chapter Two: Hunger

My death seemed short and horrid taking me through all the nightmares I had lived then realizing that practically my whole life was a night mare. Oh well it was over now. Wait. Was it? I was still thinking. Replaying all of the events that lead to my death over and over and over again until it was burned into my brain. For some reason these cold blooded creatures had come to my rescue from the werewolves because the werewolves tried to change me. Yet somehow they all knew me and obviously all wanted me. So many pieces of the puzzle were missing I was so lost but exhaustion took over and the darkness some how became darker. I slipped away from my thoughts as the pain inside my body became unbearable so I was thank full for the sleep or the death as long as I couldn’t sense or feel the pain raging through my body. I heard voices. Voices I didn’t recognize, until I heard the one that had screamed for the other cold blooded creatures of the night to come to my rescue.

“She’s been sleeping for far too long. I’m scared the reaction from both venoms killed her” he spoke in a soft worry filled tone.

I slowly opened my heavy eyes. A beautiful woman sat on the chair placed next to me reading some sort of magazine that I had never before seen spoke up over the reading material in her hands

“I told you Thor mixing the venoms was a horrid idea. I mean we don’t even know what she is now. Some sort of crazy hybrid maybe and newborns are destructive enough with our venom alone.”

I hear the males voice again as his words cut at her sharp, like a knife, “what was I to do Ivy? Let her lay there and die?”

I let out a little cough to let them know I had regained consciousness as the male who I had come to learn was Thor, came rushing to my side and the woman who was Ivy placed her reading material on the coffee table.

Thor spoke urgently to me first “Misty? Are you ok? How are you feeling?”

Ivy laughed a little devilishly “how the hell do you think she’s feeling?”

Thor glared at her with eyes that would drown the strongest person in a sea of anger with a hint of shut the hell up. I was a little amused that he seemed so kind and caring towards me.

I began to speak in a raspy voice. “Umm where am I? Am I alive?” I asked Thor as he looked deep into my eyes.

“Well sort of” was the answer I received.

He was gorgeous. He had these grey clouded eyes that looked like thunderstorms, an incredibly handsome face, and the most perfect body. His hair was jet black and short he wore it spiked and man he completely took my breath away. I looked over at Ivy and she too was amazingly breathtakingly beautiful. She had hair the golden color of hay that fell to her mid back with the perfect amount of curl at the ends, purple eyes that reminded me of a smoky sunset and the perfect body that every woman in the world would just die for.

Ivy stood from her chair “Im going to grab a bite to eat. I will bring food home for the newborn and you Thor because you need to stay with her.” She so sweetly stated as she gracefully left the room.

Thor looked deep into my eyes and brushed my hair out of my face and then smiled, he didn’t realize he was completely melting my heart did he? I tried to smile back but I couldn’t manage to it felt as though my face was frozen in time just gazing into this amazing mans eyes. Thor finally decided to break the silence.

“Misty we have a lot to cover and I want to make sure you know exactly what happened. I can wait for Ivy to get back if you’d like, If you’d feel more comfortable with her here to also explain” I gazed at him for a moment thinking. I mean what did it matter with or without her here, either way I was dying to know the truth about what had happened in the forest that night.

“Please continue Thor, and if you could don’t leave anything out” I was so eager to learn what had happened to me not sure of what I had become I feared hearing it but if I didn’t hear it now I would never want to.

Thor felt the urgency evidently because he started with the story immediately. He started rambling on excitedly about how they had been chasing that pack of werewolves for months and finally hunted them down, for some reason that pack was of importance to the cold blooded creatures and I was obviously importance to both species. Finally he got to the part of the story that involved me.

“They were trying to change you Misty, against your will. They had enchanted you so that you couldn’t speak he made the bite to change you when our clan swooped in. I saw you laying there practically lifeless as the others finished slaying the werewolves I called them over and that is when I knew I needed to change you as soon as I could before the werewolf venom took you over completely. Misty, you’re a vampire.”

I stared at Thor for a few moments as I let everything sink in.

“What does this mean?” I asked him softly “why was I so high in importance to the werewolves? And how did you know my name as you called to the others to help save me?”

Thor looked to the ground as if he was ashamed he looked back up dead into my eyes

“We’ve been waiting for you Misty. The werewolves and vampires have been fighting for you. Your powerful blood has everything to do with it. Look Misty I know this is a lot to take in so we will continue after Ivy returns with dinner ok?” He made it sound like a question but in all reality it was a soft statement.

I just nodded my head. My powerful blood? What the hell did that mean? And why in the hell were they all fighting over me? What was so special about me? I was a loner. My parents had died when I was younger I raised myself and my grandmother with dysplasia who had passed away when I was 14 and I did everything on my own since. Now how in the hell is someone like me powerful? Ugh and of course I couldn’t get my answers until his hunger was satisfied but he continued to sit next to me running his cold hands down my face pushing the hair aside. It felt so wonderful no one had ever touched me like he did before. I couldn’t understand why It was so amazing to me and I’m sure if I still had a beating heart it would be pumping through my chest. We just gazed into each other’s eyes not speaking one word. I don’t think we had to speak our eyes seemed to say it all for us. The lust I had towards this man, night creature, whatever, it was just amazing. I wanted him so badly in ways that I had never wanted a man before.

What was this? What was happening? Sharp pains started developing in my stomach making me groan in agony. Thor just looked at me with this look that said ‘sorry’ but still neither of us spoke. I don’t think we needed to. There were a million other things that should be on my mind but all I could think about was this hunger, this thirst, it was taking me over completely and I wasn’t sure how to fulfill this craving, this need. Thor just kept stroking the side of my face.

“Not much longer baby not much longer. Ivy will be back soon.”

Baby? I hardly knew this man and he was calling me baby? What the hell is going on? I swear once I wake from this dream I am putting myself in a mental institution for the rest of my life. I’m nuts!  There is no way I could now lead a normal life. Maybe it was finally time to seek help for the death of my parents. It still didn’t explain why the hell this dream was so vivid, or why I was even dreaming of such crazy things. Was I dreaming? Oh jeeze now I’m questioning my sense of reality. Whatever was going on I would just embrace it willingly because Thor was so amazingly, well, amazing. And it felt as though a part of me that had been missing for decades was finally right in front of me. I pray to god I never wake up from this amazing dream that started out as a horrific nightmare.

Just stay asleep Misty, this is better then what you have to go back to. Which of course was nothing, even my self- conscious  knew that. Thor kissed my forehead and put my mind at ease I as heard the front door open and smelt dinner.  Blood. Warm tasty delicious blood. But why was I craving this salty rusty smelling liquid so bad? Was I really a………..Vampire?