Chapter Twelve: Life Is Full Of Surprises

I came to find very quickly that vampire’s not having emotions, was a crock of shit. My emotions consumed my cold body and ran wildly through my veins. The salty tears rolled from my eyes down my face. I was hurt. I still was unsure why Jax was there comforting me but I wasn’t about to dispute this with him because right now I really did not want to be alone. He held me and rocked me back and forth, kind of how you would soothe an infant. I guess technically that’s what I was. I mean I was a new born to this life and instead of it being a fresh start and me finally getting my fairy tale ending, I was “knocked” back into my human life, literally.

What had I done? How stupid was this. Sitting here in a strangers arms because I lied to my maker about having relations with a bouncer in the underground.

Jax just continued rocking me “Its ok Misty. Let it out.” He whispered.

I really wished at this point I was in my maker’s arms with him soothing me after I told him everything was a stupid big lie. What had come over me?

“You know Misty, it will get easier with time. The emotions won’t be so out of control.” Jax tried to tell me with comfort filled words but I couldn’t manage to control the tears, or help to think what may have happened the night Thor had “saved my life” bringing me to their side.

Maybe death was the better of the three options that I was presented with that night.

“Did Thor say anything about me? Is he upset Jax?” I finally got out in between sobs.

“He’s furious Misty. He didn’t say much he just sent everyone away because he was going to drown in another bottle.”Jax tried to keep his sorry filled tone but just the words he spoke made me shiver down my spine.

Great my maker is full of anger and rage. Not to mention he’s planning on drowning himself in another bottle. I really didn’t like it when Thor drank. It changed him. I know I did wrong by lying and the lies I told tore Thor apart. But I will not lead this life like I lead my human life.

“Jax I’m not sure this life is for me. I’m no longer sure I belong here.” I confessed.

I loved Thor endlessly more then I had ever loved anyone before him. We were bound in such a different way and it hurt not knowing if he even wanted me around anymore.

“I know Misty. But you’re an incredibly strong young lady and with time your strength will most definitely greaten. I know things aren’t easy right now but you can’t just turn back the hands of time and start all over. You need to face your problems and fix your issues.” Jax informed me with a half hearted smile on his face.

I needed to face my problems, I needed to face Thor, my maker, the one who gave me this life this second chance. I was strong and I needed my other half to be stronger. I rose to my feet and brushed myself off.

“Where are you headed Misty?” Jax asked as if I was supposed to answer him, like Thor had sent him to watch over me.

“Where my heart is.” I replied not that I needed to he knew exactly where I was headed.

Thor wasn’t going to be alone, not tonight. I didn’t realize how far I had walked until it was time to walk back. I wasn’t sure I was doing the right thing but I was hungry tired and all I wanted in the world was to be back near my maker. I couldn’t wait any longer and the eagerness got the best of me. I started to run and the wind blew through my hair underneath the light of the crescent  moon.  It felt so good, I felt free. But I knew things would never be the same and I also came to the realization that this life would never be like my human life. It would never be as bad. Jax let out one of his bellowing laughs and began to run alongside me.  I ran up the front steps of the porch and debated if I just wanted to walk right in or if I should knock. This wasn’t my home yet and I didn’t want to piss Thor off even more so I rang the bell and waiting eagerly for him to come to the door so I could throw my arms around my maker and make things right once and for all.

To my surprise Ivy opened the door in a sexy lingere piece that hugged her curves perfectly and was see through lace in all the right places. A look of shock came over her face like I wasn’t supposed to be standing there. Something wasn’t right. I knocked the door open out of her hands to find Thor sitting in nothing but his boxers on the couch in the entertainment room. He met my eyes and dropped his jaw. I’m assuming Jax’s jaw dropped as well because no one said one word. Hurt, anger, sadness and betrayal not only from my maker but from the one person who had first betrayed me ate me alive. I didn’t know what to do. I looked at Ivy I wanted so badly to rip her throat out and feed her piece by piece to a pack of wolves. I felt guilt down deep inside but that was because I could still feel my makers feelings.  He had lip stick all over his neck and claw marks down his chest deep claw marks that I hadn’t put there. He cheated. He slept with Ivy. What the hell was I to do now? I couldn’t stand there anymore, I returned my gaze to Ivy with a look that would kill if it could,

“I dearly hope you enjoy my sloppy seconds.”

I turned around and headed back down the porch and began my venture off into the night. Jax followed my lead. I could tell he was just as shocked as I. I heard footsteps beating rapidly across the porch of the house

“Misty please stop I can explain.” Thor called out to me.

I turned around so quickly anyone watching would have ended up with whiplash.

“Explain? I don’t think that’s needed Thor. I’m not oblivious or stupid. Have fun fucking that whore. And just for the record, I NEVER cheated on you.” I turned back around and started walking again.

Jax jumped in because he knew at any given moment I would tear Thor’s fucking head off of his shoulders just to watch his blood seep from his body.

“I suggest you walk away.” Jax practically ordered Thor, which was definitely different because in all reality Thor was the head of the clan, but Jax had put that warning tone in his words that let Thor know I wasn’t fucking around.  

Here I am stuck in this hell and now I couldn’t trust anyone. I finally made it back down to the weeping willow. I figured at least sitting there I wouldn’t be weeping alone. Jax sat beside me, unsure what to say or how to say it. I was lost my maker is dead, not literally but to me! I let out a shrill blood curtling scream hoping it would help release some of this emotion.

“Why me? Why her? What did I do to deserve this?” I cried out knowing I would never hear the answers to these questions.

I know Thor and Ivy had a lot of history but then why did he even make me?

“Am I not good enough?” I asked Jax unsure if I really wanted to hear his answer only because I really wasn’t sure what he thought of me.

“Misty I think the fact of the matter is, you’re too good. And someone like Thor doesn’t deserve you. He lucked out in finding you! We had all been searching for you because we need you for the war that will begin.” He explained.

Thor always made it seem like he was searching for me for so many years like he wanted me personally. Of course he did no male is worth a damn thing in this undead world without a powerful female. Am I really too good for him? I mean I got pretty dirty with the game but he swooped even lower to do what I only claimed of doing.

“Can I not trust anyone anymore?” it was sort of a rhetorical question but Jax answered me anyways

“You can trust me.” He said with a sweet voice as he took me in his arms again rocking me back and forth running his fingers through my hair.

I just cried as I rested my head upon his chest. I still wasn’t sure if I could truly in fact trust him but if I was alone right now I would do something incredibly stupid. I guess that was nothing new I’m always doing something stupid I mean that’s what got me in this mess right? It all started with a damn walk in the woods.  I peered over through the tears and at the edge of the forest a pair of glowing eyes met mine sending a chill to roll over me completely. I went completely limp I wasn’t ready to fight. Would I ever be ready for battle?