Chapter Thirty-Nine: Wanted Dead

I had spent a while in the darkness from the blackout blow one of the officers had delivered to my head, which was still pounding. Dee didn't visit my dreams again which meant he was busy trying to get me out of here. I laid there with my eyes closed hearing people cough, complain, scream and talk to the people surrounding them. I noticed the cell to my left was completely silent which meant it was empty or contained someone such as myself that just dealt with what was given until it was over. I wasn't sure how long I had been unconscious but by the feeling of my stomach rumbling and sharp hunger pains told me it must have been a while.

Once I had finally built up the courage to open my eyes I completely regretted doing so. I examined my new surroundings building my fear and disappointment. This was not somewhere I belonged. The cells were about ten feet by ten feet making a perfect square and far from luxurious, there was a tiny cot just big enough to lay across and a bucket which I assumed for bathroom needs or throwing up which I felt like doing after realizing this was most likely worse than hell, and a small sink which only had one knob which told me the water was always the same temperature. The man across from me was surely built for a mental institution yet they contained him here, the woman to the right of my cell was bitching and complaining to one of the guards down the hall who was obviously ignoring every word she screamed at him. The man to my left was most definitely still quiet he just sat there on the edge of his cot. He either knew to remain quiet because he had been here before or he was scared my opinion was option 'a'.

He slowly raised his head and smiled brightly at me, I returned the gesture simply grinning but I am pretty sure he could see the fear spread across my face. I was full of fear and disgust. The air was stiff and stale yet heavy at the same time. I wasn't enjoying being held in such a place because I knew I was innocent.

"You were out for a while. They thought you might be dead" The man in the cell to my left quietly whispered.

"I wish I were" I whispered my response following his lead.

"Don't worry you're far too new and attractive to be in this shit hole" He responded.

I knew I blushed a little bit, I had to look like hell yet he was commenting my looks. I just simply looked down to the concrete floor. A few moments passed in silence when the huge door down the corridor to the right opened to let a huge man through who was carrying a large duffle bag, as he got closer I realized it was one of the officers that had come for me in fact it was the one who I had insulted about his mother. He was handing every prisoner what looked like a water bottle filled with a pinkish liquid. He got to my cell and stood there in front of the bars.

"Ahhh the smart ass wench is awake. Finally going to grace us with your presence I see" He chuckled.

"How's your mother? The bitch right?" I replied with a conniving smile on my face.

His face went blank and I knew he didn't appreciate my comment but I wasn't going to just sit down and take a verbal beating from this jerk who thought because he wore a badge it gave him power.

"Still haven't learned your lesson I see" he stated as he walked away from my cell.

I looked to my right and the woman was drinking her bottle which meant I just got passed up on the only food source we received.

"Hey wait you didn't give me a bottle" I screamed after the over grown man.

"Darn that sucks maybe when you learn to keep your big mouth shut you'll get your fucking food" he snapped back with the most evil smile present on his lips.

It was then that I realized just how much power he truly had and instead of screaming anything else at him I sat on my cot defeated and broken. There was no way that hell is worse than this place in fact I was convinced this was hell. After the guard had delivered "meals" to the other end of corridor he made his way back and again stopped in front of my cell.