Chapter Twenty-Four: Roots

Making love to Thor just came so naturally. We both knew what each other wanted it and how and got right down to business. I loved his touch so he made sure to continue letting his hands explore my body the whole time he was deep inside me. He was just amazing. There was so much love between the two of us it felt incredible. We were made for each other. I didn’t know how I got so lucky but I did and I wasn’t about to argue it. Thor held the weight of his body with his arms as he pushed harder into me grinding my pelvis against his. Like usual we hit our “O zone” together.  Thor thought it would be a good idea to conserve water so he hopped in the shower with me. I had never been taken care of and it had been so long since I had a home and had a family. I loved this, I loved him. I let the hot water bead against my skin and roll off my body as Thor washed the shampoo out of his hair. He looked even more amazing wet if that was at all possible. My stomach started to growl, more angrily, reminding me how hungry I was.

“Been too busy taking care of everyone else have you?”Thor stated more than questioned.  

I just smiled my smile because either way he knew that answer seeing he could shift through my mind as he pleased. He turned off the water and kissed me on the lips before exiting the shower. We wrapped up in our towels and he proceeded to his bedroom as I proceeded to Ivy’s because clean clothes were necessary. Her closet was running low on jeans, so I decided to settle for sweats and a shirt seeing I wouldn’t be leaving anytime soon anyways. I threw my shiny black hair up into a messy bun and proceeded down stairs to find Jax still seated on the couch holding a sleeping baby. I turned to examine Sasha and she was still out cold. I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of blood out of the fridge. I began to drink just as Thor was coming down the stairs.

“You know you can’t live off that stuff you need to go out and hunt my love.”  Thor stated as he made his way towards the living room.

I knew I needed to hunt but I was still new to hunting and I wasn’t about to go alone nor was I going to leave either one of them here to care for Sasha and the baby. Referring to him as the baby was getting quiet annoying but the only reason he hadn’t been named yet is because there was no way we were going to name this baby without Sasha’s input. I guzzled down the bottle I had grabbed for myself and headed towards the living room as I twisted the cap off of the other. I knelt by the couch that Sasha lay upon and dumped the bottles contents into her mouth little by little until there was nothing left. I turned to look at the boys and much to my surprise Jax had handed the baby off to Thor.

He looked so elegant holding the baby in his arms gawking over its features. There was a sparkle in his eye that I had never seen before. I was amazed at how naturally caring he was. Sasha began to rustle around, I returned my attention to her just as she opened her eyes.

“Congratulations Mommy.” I spoke softly so that I wouldn’t spook her or the sleeping baby for that matter.

“What? I’m a mother?” she asked in a raspy voice.

“Yes you are! To a beautiful baby boy.” I stated as I waved the boys over.

Jax knelt in my place as I got up to get the baby from Thor so I could hand him to Sasha. Which wasn’t an easy task I practically had to pry the bundle of joy from my maker and I hated doing so because he looked so content. Sasha gasped at the first look of him.

“He is beautiful.” She stated and she really wasn’t being biased he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. “Jareden.” She spoke that one name and it fit perfectly!

I couldn’t have come up with a better name myself. Jax smiled a huge smile in agreement that it was the perfect name. I pulled Thor’s hand and led him onto the front porch giving little Jareden time with his mom and dad. I couldn’t help but to notice that Sasha’s eyes were no longer green like Jareden’s, they were now purple like mine. Then it hit me. It was something more than just loss that made our eyes purple. In fact it may not be loss at all. I turned and looked at Thor as we stood on the porch together under the moonlight.