Chapter Thirty: Alone

I ran with the wind blowing through my hair and tears streaming down my face. Why me? It all made sense now, Jaime was my daughter. What have I done? Somehow someway I knew this was all my fault. If only I had told Thor that I had been feeling sick then maybe we could have saved her. Now it was too late and the daughter I would never know is gone and my maker is depressed. My existence is pointless now I wonder what it would take to just end it all. I don’t know how far I had run but I came to a cliff and decided to rest. After the amount of blood I lost and not hunting for quite some time I was weak and knew I couldn’t continue so I sat with my feet dangling over the edge and I watched the moonlight shine upon the waves that crashed against the shore. The soft sea mist sprayed my skin and it felt like ice but I wasn’t going to move.

I deserved pain and I deserved misery. Knowing Jaime was with my parents wasn’t comforting enough because she was supposed to be here with us. After seeing Thor hold Jareden I knew he would make a wonderful father and he will never have that chance with me. I have obviously done too much wrong and I deserved all of this as a pay back.

I don’t think a jump from this height would kill a vampire, the cliff sat 150 feet above a rock pit with little water but I was almost positive that it wouldn’t kill me and then I would just have to live in more pain. Why was this happening to me? Why did they have to take my baby girl? What if someone had taken me from them? I really don’t think it’s possible to live after something like this. Thor would never forgive me that was obvious seeing he didn’t even run after me to chase me he just sat there continuing to hold her limp lifeless body in his arms. I failed. I couldn’t even give him the one thing his heart now desired since he had found me. I had never seen him like that. His face was stuck in my head with his tear filled eyes and trails of salty tears down his face.

What else was there to live for? Nothing because Thor would never forgive me for this, so I stood to my feet which were bare on the rocky cliff, I put my arms out like I was attempting to fly although I was really just mentally preparing for the fall.

“Misty! What are you doing?” Thor yelled out waiting for an explanation.

He actually had followed me. Was this love or did he just want me to continue living in misery like he had to because if I killed myself I would be with her.

“You won’t die from that fall. It would take a lot more to kill someone with your sort of power baby. Just step away from the cliff.” Thor ordered confirming my original thoughts about jumping to my death.

“I failed you Thor. This wasn’t supposed to be like this. Our life was supposed to be better. Where’s our happily ever after?” I cried out with tears rolling down my cheeks like the current of a river.

“Baby you didn’t fail me, these things happen and I can’t lose you no matter what happens you are my love, my soul mate if soul less creatures were to have one. I love you Misty.” Thor declared as he came closer slowly.

The next thing I knew his arms were wrapped around me embracing me in a hug and I wrapped my arms around him hugging him back. We stood there and held each other crying in each other’s arms, not saying a single word. His everlasting love for me was obvious and it was the only thing I knew would eventually pull me through this. Knowing it wasn’t ever a dream in all reality it was a vision and that scared me because they were coming more naturally. I knew I was advancing as a vampire but I couldn’t live like this knowing when anything would ever happen. Thor scooped me up in his arms and cradled me while I left my hands around his neck and he began to carry me back to the vacation house that I never wanted to come to again. I never wanted to ever relive one of the worst parts of my existence again. I couldn’t stop crying and it was amazing that if we were really heartless and soul less how this hurt so badly.