Chapter Twenty-Two: Finding It

I sat on the bench so perfectly placed in the middle of the garden on the far end of the house. It seemed like Thor and I had walked forever but I think it was just that we were walking at a slower than usual pace, which was fine with me the more time I could spend trying to get inside his head the better. He put his arm around my waist and scooted me closer to him on the cold cobble stone bench. I rested my head upon his hard chiseled chest and gazed up at the moon. It shone so brightly through the clouds in the night sky. I started to day dream, well night dream rather minus the sleep, about my future and how everything would play out. I imagined having children that were so breathtakingly beautiful that looked exactly like Thor and I.

“Can vampires get pregnant?” I asked Thor out of curiosity because we hadn’t used protection anytime we had made love.

“Yes.” Thor stated seeming somewhat annoyed that I had broken the beautiful silence of the night.

So I just nuzzled my head deeper into his chest feeling his shallow breath. I wanted to remain in this moment forever. I wanted the end of my existence to be right here on this bench right here in his arms. Not right now of course there was still much to do and much to see. But this moment in time was perfectly amazing. I heard a blood curdling scream come from the direction of the house. I immediately sprung to my feet and darted for the house with Thor on my heels. I knew how painful the fight inside my body was while the venoms were fighting but Sasha had been a wolf for a while and well I’m sure the pain was greater.

I bolted into the house to find her laying on the floor with Jax on his knees rocking back and forth with her hand tightly in his. Something was obviously wrong. Sasha continued to let out screams as the pain became more unbearable. I knelt beside Jax, brushing the hair out of her face as she did with mine when I laid in bed after the battle.

“Blood now!” was all I managed to let escape my lips.

I was full of fear and before I even knew he got up Jax was back handing me a bottle of blood. I plugged Sasha’s nose so that she would open her mouth and I let the red liquid dance on her tongue down her throat. I didn’t know how I knew what she needed but I did. Sasha and I were connected on a completely different level. I mean I had saved her life but that wasn’t it. It was much deeper.

The screams subsided to shallow whimpers as the blood took its course through her veins. So pleased with my performance in this whole ordeal my maker stood at the entry way of the living room with a huge beaming smile on his face. I couldn’t help but to smile as he continued to look at me with that expression and those deep passion filled eyes.

“She’ll be fine. If she starts to scream again supplement her with more blood.” I stated as I rose to my feet and patted Jax on the shoulder. 

I kissed Thor on the cheek and proceeded towards the front door. I didn’t hear his footsteps behind mine which was weird but I wasn’t going to depend on him joining me in the decision to go outside. I opened the door and sat on the front step. I heard the door close lightly and felt arms around me instantly. Those ice cold, rock hard arms that held me so tightly and made me feel like I really belonged.

“How’d you know what to do?” Thor asked still amazed at my performance inside.

“Honestly I’m unsure. It just felt like I could feel what she needed.” I answered still unsure myself.

He rested his chin on my shoulder taking a deep breath of my scent and holding it in completely like he was making a memory. I sat for a long while just gazing into the night sky. My mind for once was somewhat calm at the moment like the raging thoughts had subsided in their frenzy to let me breathe, like I had shut them off, which not only pleased me so that I didn’t have to think but also I enjoyed knowing that Thor was sitting there trying to get into my head and he couldn’t. Now he had a taste of my everyday reality with never knowing what the hell he had on his mind. I giggled a bit knowing that he was getting more frustrated with every sigh that he let escape his lips.

“What’s wrong baby?” I asked in a mocking tone.

“Nothing ok nothing at all its just that makers are supposed to be able to enter the minds of those they create and you’re impossible to get into tonight.” He stated with a very frustrated tone.

I pulled his arms around me tighter to feel secure.

“You know Misty, I have a confession to make.” Thor stated breaking the silence that had crept over us.

“What Thor?” I asked obviously annoyed that the tables had turned and he was disturbing the peace.

“Well first off I never did anything with Ivy and secondly, well this isn’t easy for me to say cause you know that I’m not good at this whole talking about my feelings crap but I feel I need to tell you this before it’s too late, I love you with my whole non-beating heart.” Thor confessed and I could hear it in his tone that these were words of truth.

“I know the whole Ivy thing was a charade.” I stated. “And I think you love me for what I have become not who I truly am.” I said unsure where these words had come from but they rang true as they slid past my lips.

I didn’t mean for the words to sound cold, this was the moment I had been waiting for. My maker was finally opening up to me and I shot him down. I could feel the disappointment come over me but I didn’t move or say a word to try to comfort him because it was the truth. And if I learned anything in my human form it was that the truth hurt.

He swiftly pulled away from me and stood to his feet. I thought for sure he was headed towards the door to get away from this evil spirit that he had created but instead he walked in front of me and knelt before me on the step ahead of me. He looked deep into my eyes for what felt like hours, he sucked in a huge breath of air before he spoke.

“Look, I know we’ve had our differences and things started out really rough not the welcome home party anyone would expect. I fear my emotions and I feared my love for you Misty. It ran so deep and all this feeling and emotion shit is new to me. I thought I was going to lose you after the battle. Well the truth is if I ever have to go on without you I will chose to end my existence because an existence without you is nothing. I waited so long to finally have you and I will let nothing take you from me. You are my reason for being.” Thor stated as tears filled his eyes.

Either he was an extraordinary actor or he was speaking straight from the heart. As he went to speak again I raised my pointer finger to his lips as I lost myself in his stormy grey eyes. He took the hint and knew there was no need for words right now as he wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his head upon my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair and lost myself in this moment. If I was able to sleep I would have thought this was one of those perfect dreams you wish to stay in forever and remain in such a peaceful slumber. But I realized this was my life. This is what had become of the ordinary girl who would never become anything because she lost both parents and dropped out of high school to make a living after her grandmother died.

I had slanged drugs, murdered, and lived a life of hell, look at me now. I was where I longed to be. I had a home, I belonged, I had a family although they were dysfunctional most of the time and one even fell for an enemy, but that was soon to change, and I had my maker. The man who gave me this very existence, this second chance, no one in their right mind could ask for anything more.

I lost myself in the moonlight that night and everything began to make sense. This wasn’t the life I chose to live this was the existence I was destined to partake in. I was finally me.