Chapter Twenty-Nine: Letting Go

I watched the rain continue to beat upon the windshield in silence. I wasn’t sure what to say or how to say what it was I wanted to say for that matter. Thor continued driving to where ever we were going. I was scared for if this was the future and it resulted in me ending my existence then I just wanted to get it over with now. I didn’t want to hurt anyone I loved but I also didn’t want to see myself like this. Most of my visions were correct and that is what worried me most. But then again I didn’t even know if it was a dream or actually a vision. Why was this life so complicating? Wasn’t my last life complicating enough? Either way I was glad that we were getting away. I needed time to think which really meant I hope I wouldn’t be doing much thinking at all. I just wanted to relax with my maker not worrying about a damn thing in the world but something told me that in fact wasn’t going to happen. But I could hope and wish right?

Why were my parents there in my dreams and who was this Jaime girl. Such a beautiful little girl and she was most definitely a vampire but how did she know my parents. All this thinking was giving me a pounding headache. On coming headlights intensified the headache dramatically and I groaned in pain digging through the glove box for a pair of sun glasses. I completely lucked out finding a pair of Ivy’s shades that I would totally be making mine because she left them in the car Thor purchased anyways. I knew it probably looked really odd for a woman to be wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night but I didn’t care. They could laugh all they wanted I was taking the necessary precautions to ensure that this splitting head pain wouldn’t get any worse. I remembered migraines as a human but this was worse. I wasn’t sure how long we had been sitting in the car but I was starting to get uncomfortable and antsy. My back was throbbing and I felt nauseous I presumed from the car ride I didn’t think vampires could get motion sickness but I was definitely feeling it.

“Are we almost there?” I whined at Thor.

I didn’t need to tell him what was wrong with me because he could see me fidgeting in my seat and it was apparent from the sunglasses that I had a head ache.  

“Soon” He responded with a huge smile on his face.

I wasn’t in the mood to smile but his smile was so contagious that I couldn’t help but let out a little giggle. I don’t know how he did it. How he made me feel like a little school girl all over again like I was the only girl in the world and well I knew to him I in fact was the only girl in the world. But his smile didn’t seem to make any of this better for the long haul. My head began to pound even more and my back was throbbing along almost as if it was in sync with my back. I hadn’t felt this sick in a long time. I didn’t think vampires were supposed to get sick but I was beyond ill. Thor looked over at me with curious eyes.

“Everything ok love?” he question as he returned his attention to the wet road.

“Yeah I just need to lay down, that’s all.” I responded with a smile not wanting to worry him or have him pull over again like after I had woken from the dream or the vision or whatever.

I just wanted to get where we were going and lay down a while before he would eventually get bored and drag me out sightseeing this I was sure of.  I could still sense the worry beaming off of his body and I could tell he was truly concerned but now was not the time to discuss anything now was the time to shut up and drive. I was growing more sick by the second and if I had eaten anything I’m sure it would have come back up and been all over the dash. Of course being a vampire it would be nothing but blood.

“Were here!” Thor announced as he parked in front of a pretty little house with a little red door.

Finally alas we were here and alone away from everything that had ever threatened to tear us apart. Thor ran around the car to the passenger door and opened it for me as he took my hand and helped me out of the car. He led me up the steps and into the little house. It wasn’t little if you compared it to what I grew up in but it was little to what I now called home, the mansion.  But it was beautiful none the less.