Chapter Sixteen: The Premonition

I had to cover every possibility. I had to think of every action and reaction just to make sure this plan was fool proof. The “pack” of wolves could never know that Sasha was involved with this or they’d kill her and then I know Jax wouldn’t last he’d disappear if not die from a broken heart.

“I don’t know guys this is really risky and I can’t lose Sasha.” Jax declared.

“Look I know how much she means to you and I promise there is no way they will ever know she had anything to do with it.” I explained. “Plus all we need to know is where they meet and at what times we have clearance from the security rounds they make. She doesn’t have to tell us anything more. As long as you trust her Jax this is our only chance at defeating the wolves.”

Jax was lost in thought staring at his hands folded and placed perfectly in front of him. Thor sat at the island sipping his coffee also lost in a sea of wonderment. I was confident; I knew that this would work.

Jax head snapped up “They’re looking for her, I’ve got to go. I will find out what I can and I will let you know what she decides.” he announced as he sped off out the door.

I couldn’t believe that this was all resting in the hands of our enemy but I knew if Jax trusted her then so could we. I was coming to the conclusion that Thor wasn’t so sure. He was thinking of all the possible outcomes that would either make us or break us. I grabbed his hand ever so lightly and gave him a sweet smile

“We’re gonna be ok.” I reassured him.  

He smiled and kissed my lips and made my blood rush through my veins. God if this man only knew what he did to me.

“I do” he responded to my thought yet again.

I rolled my eyes not wanting to get into that conversation just yet.

“I can’t live without you Thor. I want to put what happened the other night behind us and completely move on. You’re my maker and I can’t make it in this new world without you.” I spoke in my usually tone with a hint of overpowering emotion.

I wasn’t begging I wasn’t pleading I was demanding that we make things right so we can move forward and focus every part of our beings on this war that we were about to start.

“I’ve waited for you for many moons my dear. If I could live without you I wouldn’t have spent so much time searching for you. You’re an entirely different creature you very well could make it without me, but I am very glad that you have chosen not to. Our lives’ together is where we need to be. Things will work out my love they always do.” Thor spoke so sweetly his voice completely penetrating my ear drums.

God I loved this man. In all reality I did owe him my existence. With his words came the biggest smile to his face. Damn it he was reading my thoughts again wasn’t he.

“Yup!” he responded.

This was getting quite annoying. I think he could sense my frustration.

“Look with time you gain special features of this life. Reading minds is my strong point although most of the time I wish it wasn’t.” Thor explained to me.

I just smiled at him I couldn’t say much more I finally felt like I belonged. I wrapped my arms around his neck, looked deep into his eyes and softly kissed his lips. His phone started going off but the tone was different which meant it was a text I looked down as he opened the message it read “It’s a go!” of course it was from Jax. I smiled the biggest smile I could so glad that everything was coming together.

“Guess this means we should get some training time in young lady” Thor announced as he stood and kissed my forehead. “The one thing fool proof to killing a wolf at a close distance is snapping the neck. Not such an easy thing to do but with our speed plus strength it can be done” Thor explained to me as we were standing in the kitchen. He gently turned me around “You place one hand here under the chin, like so, then the other hand place on the side of their head and snap.” He demonstrated without the snap of course. I turned around to face him like I would be facing one of the very enemies we’d be sparring.

“Like this?” I questioned as I did exactly as he demonstrated.

“Very good!” He sounded so happy that I was such a quick learner. “Now, have you ever shot a gun?”

He questioned not knowing that this question took me back to my memories of my human life. I had shot a man but only once, but that shot and the scene ran through my head and it hurt me like a knife. The man had attacked me in a dark alley and planned on violating me in the worst possible way it just so happened that this “man” was a cop, within seconds I decided to grasp his gun and squeeze the trigger right between his eyes where the barrel rested became a bloody hole as he fell to the side of me.

“Once” I responded in a low almost whisper but Thor could feel my pain and of course he read my thoughts.

“He deserved it Misty. And good that you shot him there because that’s one of the only two places that will kill a wolf by bullet.” He stated.

“Where’s the other?” I asked feeling a little better that the alley incident gave me a little bit of experience.

“The heart” he stated.

This wasn’t going to be too difficult. He turned as if he were going to go into the entertainment room while I was pouring the last cup of blood infused coffee into my mug. The next thing I knew he was charging me I put my hand out and grasped his neck out of reflex.

“Wow. Amazing! You’ve had no training and your reaction to that attack was outstanding.” Thor said in a raspy voice because my hand was still grasping his throat. “You can let go now, Misty.” He stated.

I released him surprised at my own strength and ability. I knew that like in any fight I had to keep my mind clear and always watch my surroundings never trusting anyone else to do so because that would only cost me my life. Something flashed into my head almost like a premonition. I wasn’t sure what the hell was going on in fact it kind of freaked me out a bit. My body stood still as stone and all I could see was about 70 wolves all around me circling much like they had that night on the forest floor before my maker saved my life. I came through and Thor looked at me with a blank stare.

“70 and they all circled me.” That was all I could manage to get out to Thor, but I knew he knew exactly what he meant because he could read my thoughts.

“They’ve spawned more newborns.” He exclaimed with a look of worry taking over his happy expression.

With more numbers they may not be better off because the newborns won’t have much experience but I was still scared to death of what this would mean. The vision scared me the most. Why were they circling only me? Why was I alone? Where was our clan?

“I need to speak to Sasha.” I proclaimed.

That was the only way I would get these answers. I mean I’ve known since the night I was born into this new life that they’ve wanted me. It was the leader of one of the packs that attempted to change me before my maker saved me.

“Thor, could a vampire be changed into a wolf?” I asked him not sure of what would be of a creature of both cold blood and warm.

“It’s possible. Their venom doesn’t kill us. I’m not sure how that would work but I’m sure it would be one hell of a cross breed.” He explained.

They still want me. This wasn’t good. That vision made me believe that they had killed off our whole clan and prepared to turn me into one of them. I was overcome with fear. I wasn’t sure if all visions were true but this was so real. I was literally shaking with fear. I felt cold arms as hard as stone wrap around me as my face pressed into my maker’s chest. They couldn’t take me! But knowing that I had some sort of power running through my veins and now that I was a vampire it made them want me more. I wasn’t going down without a fight.

Standing here in my maker’s arms in this house, I finally belonged. I finally belonged.