Chapter Forty-One: Uncertain Turn of Events

The hours seemed to pass so slowly and I managed to keep my mouth shut so I could drink some of their so called blood. Not that it was tasty but I needed something to keep me going and alert. Jedd and I had a few more conversations nothing major just talking about how evil Thor and Ivy were. We had come to the conclusion that even words couldn’t explain it. I had found out that Jedd was in there for a fight at the underground with a council member. I was starting to get anxious to appear in front of the council. I wanted to get home to Dee. I needed to feel his warmth and his voice ringing in my ears. Jedd was surprised how much Dee and I’s story was like my parents.

Evidently he was good friends with my mother before she was changed and then murdered for loving a creature not of her species.  At least I knew I wouldn’t be punished for loving Dee and I could most definitely thank my parents for that. Thinking about how perfect everything was made me wonder if this was how things were meant to be. The universe was finally cooperating with me and making me happy giving me the life I wanted. It was amazing that I could think that way while locked up in this cell but I knew that the time I would be going home was drawing nearer.  Jedd and I had become close and I could only hope that he would make it out soon. He didn’t belong here just as much as I didn’t but here we sat.

The big door opened and I heard the faint clicking of high heels on the concrete which meant Andie was here to escort me to the council hearing. I grew more anxious with every click of her heels. One of the officers had escorted her to my cell. Cuffs weren’t necessary because at this point running would be the most stupid thing anyone would attempt. I stood to my feet as the officer slid the bar door open and the smile spread wide across my face.

“You ready?” Andie questioned.

“Most definitely” I responded as I headed out of the cell.

We walked down the hall side by side. The big door opened and we walked through the door and I could almost taste freedom, almost. Andie smiled, I think she was just as happy the time was finally here so that she could see her brother happy again.

“I’ll take you to the bathroom so you can freshen up. No offense doll but you look like shit” She commented.

I supposed I did I mean I was still in the same clothes for Christ sake. I walked into the public restrooms and gazed in shock at the reflection I was seeing in the mirror. I wet my hair in the sink and washed my face Andie then entered the bathroom with a simple dress and heels in hand.

“Dee said you would need to be more presentable now get changed we only have a few more moments until the council expects us” She stated handing the fresh change of clothing over.

I hurried into a stall and removed the grungy clothing I had been wearing slipping on the black dress that fit every curve perfectly but wasn’t too revealing. I was nervous. I still wasn’t free, yet, and I wasn’t sure the council would just let me go so easily. I met Andie outside the bathroom and she looked me over giving me an approving smile. Guess that meant I was finally presentable.

“It’s just like in front of any judge, call him your honor and don’t mouth off” She stated and winked as we walked into the huge court room.

There were tons of vampires gathered filling the chairs. At the front sat an old vampire with long grey hair and he was placed behind the stand. The jury sat to my right next to the judge and all of their eyes were glued on me.

“Misty Fulvor appearing for hearing, I will be representing Misty today.” Andie stated talking to the judge.

“Misty Fulvor. Nice to finally meet you” He spoke

“You as well your honor” I replied making sure to be on my best behavior.

We took our seat in front of the judge as he rummaged through my file.