Chapter Thirty-Two: Night Drive

I slowly opened my eyes not sure if everything that had happened last night was a dream or not. I knew I shouldn’t have drank but damn it felt good. I looked out the open curtains past the big bay window to see the moon shining upon the earth. I wasn’t sure exactly how long I had slept but I was sure at least through the day. I sat up still wrapped in the silky and embroidered bed sheets. I was clearly at Dee’s house still which meant that everything my mind played over and over had actually happened. I had lost my daughter, walked away from my maker, gotten drunk at a bar, and then my own superman saved me, Dee. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a piece of paper on the nightstand by the bed not sure what to expect I picked it up and began to read.

‘Sweet Misty,

I had to venture off to work and I couldn’t wake you as you slept so peacefully. If you need anything you know where to find me. If you would like there is a change of clothes in the bathroom for you, you can shower get dressed and come down to the Underground or you can hang out here until I get back. Hope to have another talk soon so don’t just go taking off on me.

Dee

P.s. the keys to the car in the garage are hanging by the front door if you do decide to come to hell.

He had completely taken care of my drunk ass the night before and now he continued taking care of me. And he trusted me in his house, alone, I mean he barely knew me what if I stole everything he had? Not that I would just stating men aren’t very careful when they bring women home.

I stepped out the bedroom door and headed down to the door on the right which was the bathroom surprisingly I actually remembered that much after last night. I cautiously closed the door behind me, not that I needed to I already knew he lived alone, but just in case. I undressed and got into the shower letting the hot water drip as it ran all over my body. It was as if I was just letting the water wash all the pain away.  I didn’t miss Thor. I was still upset about losing the daughter I never would come to know. It was then that I realized I didn’t love Thor, I loved the sex with Thor and finally being away from him long enough I realized he had the maker’s hold on me.

I didn’t know much about the maker’s hold I had just over heard the twins talking about it at one of the meetings held before the war. I wanted him because he was my maker but if I ever chose to be away and run my own life I would realize it wasn’t love. I thought they were full of shit when they spoke of it so casually in front of their maker but I now realized that they were in fact speaking the truth. I didn’t remember shampooing or rinsing my hair but I had already put the conditioner in to set. I was definitely still out of it.

Thinking about the sex with Thor made me wet, a wetness that couldn’t have come from water from the shower. I craved contact. So as I washed my body and rinsed the conditioner out of my hair I decided I would pay Dee a visit at work. I could drink and maybe pick up some tail.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body as I examined myself in the mirror I noticed a sticky note in the corner of the mirror.

‘Coffee’s fresh in the pot in the kitchen,

help yourself.

Dee’

I giggled to myself as I read these words because it was as if he had already known me so well. I wasn’t very hungry and blood with a splash of coffee would be the perfect remedy before another night of intoxication. I unfolded the dress that was laid out on the bathroom countertop for me. Silky red satin and at first glance I didn’t think it was going to be very suitable for my body type, but as I slipped myself into it I realized that it hugged every curve and made my chest look larger which wasn’t really necessary but it looked damn good on me. I slipped on the red heels that were left on the floor beneath the dress and I couldn’t stop gazing at myself. I was drop dead gorgeous. I am not sure where Dee had gotten such a perfect outfit but he had good taste and knew how to perfectly accentuate my figure. I looked in the mirror one last time teasing my hair a bit until at last, perfection.