Chapter 15 - Hold Me

Song - Walls (Louis Tomlinson)

Gally pulled away from my lips. My eyes remained closed for another second, savoring the memory of his mouth on mine.

"I have to go," he murmured, smirking down at me.

"Why?" I whined, opening my eyes, and pouting my lips.

"I need to take Thomas to the pit," he said quietly.

I nodded; I really didn't want to get caught up in this, but I had to say something,

"Just... be nice," I pleaded softly. He gave me a nod in response.

He let go of my waist and took a few steps back. He looked me up and down, sighed while smiling, and then turned around. I watched him slowly grow smaller as he crossed the grass.

I touched my lips with my fingertips, remembering the way he had devoured them a few moments ago. It didn't feel real. Like it was all just an illusion in my brain. I hugged myself tight in the chilly air of dusk. I didn't regret the kiss. Of course, I didn't. If I could kiss him right now, I would. But a tiny part of my brain felt guilty. I knew Tom, Newt, and Minho didn't like him. I knew Gally treated Tom like shit but... Gally just did something to me. He made me forget about everything outside our tiny bubble. And to be honest, that's exactly what I needed.

I waited a few minutes before walking back over to the huts. The sun now completely sunk behind the concrete walls, leaving a chill in its wake.

I saw Gally and Tom walking towards the pit. I headed over, smiling at both boys, overhearing a snippet of their conversation.

"And I bet, you have something to do with all this-" Gally accused before seeing me approaching. He quickly settled.

"You alright Tom?" I asked casually, hoping to break up the little argument.

"Yeah," He looked at Gally, "Alright,"

"Good," I breathed while walking past the pair, softly grazing my hand against Gally's, giving him a warning look at the same time. With my back to the pair, I called out,

"Night Tom,"

"Night El," he called back.

I walked over to the campfire. Newt and Minho already sat side by side on a log and I chose the log opposite them.

"Where have you been?" Minho asked with the usual hint of sarcasm mixed with it.

"Nowhere," I responded casually, cringing at myself in the process.

Newt and Minho shared a look that told me they knew something was up, but I chose to ignore it.

"How's Alby?" I asked to steer the conversation.

"Better... still not awake yet," Newt answered grimly.

I nodded slowly. Gally appeared in the light of the fire and sat beside me. He looped his arm around my waist and the other hand on the inside of my thigh.

We sat in silence, all staring into the fire. Maybe it was the long day. Or the grim situation we were in... but no one really felt like talking. After a while Newt stood up, followed by Minho.

"We all better get some sleep, it's been a long day," he advised. As he and Minho walked towards the hammocks I turned and saw him do the same. He gave me a look. He could see right through me. Because the look he gave was basically 'Don't do anything dumb but I'll cover for you,". I smiled in response, and he chuckled at my toothy grin. I spun back around and felt Gally's head closer than before,

"Come with me," He whispered into my ear, his breath tickling my skin.

"Okay," I giggled, letting him take me by the hand, bring me to my feet, and lead me out into the woods.