Epilogue

Song - American Pie (Don McLean)

Eleanor

Two years later...

Long, long time ago...

I can still remember how that music used to make me smile...

I looked up at Gally, wrapped up in my arms, in shock. He tightened his grip around my waist with the widest smile I had ever seen on his face.

I knew if I had my chance...

That I could make those people dance,

And maybe they'd be happy for a while...

He pulled me to the side and spun me around, my white dress fanning out with the motion. The others around us whooped. I laughed,

But February made me shiver,

With every paper I'd deliver...

Bad news on the doorstep,

I couldn't take one more step...

Gally pulled me back into his arms and gently swayed with the music. I looked around at all my family. Newt and Thomas, arms around each other chucking at my shock. Fry and Brenda smiling broadly. Minho grinning with pride.

But something touched me deep inside,

The day,

The music.... died.

Gally clutched one of my hands with his, holding it out slightly. His other hand on my hip. I put mine on his shoulder.

And we gently swayed to the music.

So, bye bye miss American pie...

Drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry...

Them good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye,

Singing this will be the day that I die...

This will be the die that I die...

Gally pulled me out, I rolled in, and he carefully lowered me halfway to the ground and back up, making me laugh. The crowd whooped and cheered.

As he brought me back up, he pulled me close and pushed me back out, and then repeated before spinning me around.

I let go of his hand to keep spinning in a circle, the bottom of my white dress completely fanning out. The entire crowd erupted in whistles and cheers.

I spied Newt and Thomas on the edge of the crowd whooping in delight. I ran over to them seizing both their hands,

"Come on!" I panted pulling them into the circle.

The two boys immediately broke into awkward dad dance moves bringing me almost to tears of laughter. Newt then spun me around and danced with me ballroom style.